(Closed) FEB 2014 – Are you shunning or embracing the Valentine's Day theme?

posted 5 years ago in February 2014
Post # 3
2743 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2014 - Disney

Meh. We are going with a Beauty and the Beast theme. I could care less about V-Day. The half marathon I’m runnning the day before should have lots of pink though.

Post # 4
10454 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: February 2014

I started out ignoring it completely but then my color scheme kept changing. Now it is this:

So I’m not trying to be all obvious about Valentine’s Day but the colors kind of make it that way anyway. Oh well!

Post # 5
3265 posts
Sugar bee

@jordyanna:  Date twins! Woot!

We’re pretty much totally ignoring the fact that our wedding is the day after Valentine’s Day. We’ve never really celebrated it anyway. We are having black and red as our colors with tiny accents of silver. So yes, we’ll have red, but with the black it definitely doesn’t seem very Valentine’s Day-y.

Post # 6
1629 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: February 2012

Ours was 2012 but we avoided the red&pink&roses Valetine’s association. We did use a few hearts in the decor. I think a link to a video presentation of some of our pro photos should still be up in my recap posts.

Post # 7
503 posts
Busy bee

Ours is the 8th and besides acknowledging that we’ll be on our honeymoon for valentines day, we have had absolutely no discussion about it. Our colors are purple and grey. There will be no hearts. We’re not purposely shunning it, it’s just not on our minds…

Post # 8
2743 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2014 - Disney

I should have added that our colors will be Ivory, Ruby, Emerald, and Amethyst. We’re doing jewel tones in winter. Flowers will have roses, and pansies with other seasonal flowers.

Post # 9
535 posts
Busy bee

We met on Feb 15, so that’s the day we’re getting married. I’m trying to avoid over the top v day crap, but there will be some elements of it (my last name is Hart, so I’ll have a few pieces as a nod to my family name).

Post # 10
175 posts
Blushing bee

I will probably add some nod to love in my theme.  If I decide to do favors it will have to be something chocolate.  We may use a touch of hearts for decoration.  I think it would be a little obvious to not acknowledge it, after all that is the date we choose.

Jane

Post # 11
24 posts
Newbee

Staying away from it. The reason we booked 8 Feb was to avoid V day related things – because where I’m from EVERYTHING gets more expensive just because its Valentines (hotels/venues/vendors etc). We’ll be on honeymoon but have prebooked that to avoid V day rush. Also staying away from red/white…although our venue does have a red carpet ;P lol

Post # 12
639 posts
Busy bee

Shunning shunning shunning!! Lol. i  chose a date prior to v day on purpose!! Lol

Post # 13
89 posts
Worker bee

My wedding is ON V-Day and I’m completely shunning red and pink hearts… It’s just another day of the week. I chose it mostly so my honey would never forget our anniversary; that and I really liked the way 2-14-14 reads on cards, STDs, invites, etc… LOL! 🙂 My colors are eggplant and ivory. No pink/red hearts and roses allowed!

Post # 14
12 posts
Newbee

We are Shunning the valentine’s day theme…kinda. Our colors are Red and gold with hints of pink. There will be hearts and chocolate and roses. But all of these (colors, favors, flowers) were not choosen because we were trying to be valentine’s day-y. It Just so happened that all of these were previously selected for our January wedding date. Our date changed, but the details remained standing.

We do get a kick outta telling ppl we are getting married on lover’s day though 🙂

Post # 15
1402 posts
Bumble bee

I wouldn’t say shunning.  No hearts or anything like that but my colors are Dark Red (Burgundy) and Champagne Gold.  So it does look kind of V-day with our flowers being Black Baccara and Wanted Roses.  We’re getting taken to the bank with flowers since it’s prime rose season with Valentine’s Day.

Oh well. 

The topic ‘FEB 2014 – Are you shunning or embracing the Valentine's Day theme?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors