Feb. 2014 Bees… Scheduling pre-wedding events around the holidays?

posted 3 years ago in February 2014
Post # 3
95 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: February 2014

@BHB0526:  We are doing events on MLK weekend (since it’s a holiday, exactly 1 month before our day, and it won’t get lost in the holiday shuffle).

Just a suggestion. 🙂

Post # 4
2562 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

Even though I’m March, I am totally in the same boat. I think we’re going to try and do mostly Jan/Feb. My FSIL had suggested Sept/Oct for bridal shower & bachelorette, but that’s like 5+ months ahead… and ridiculous.

Even mailling out our invites are tricky – we’re planning on mailing them around Thanksgiving, so they don’t get too lost in the holiday hub-bub.

Added bonus: FI and I are moving Feb 1st. Oh, so fun!
Extra points: FI and my birthdays are a week apart in mid-December. FI’s birthday this year is a milestone birthday! Should be fun haha

Post # 6
1951 posts
Buzzing bee

@BHB0526:  We’re thinking about doing the “bridal brunch” (because I detest the idea of a “shower”) in November, and then the bachelorette weekend in January. I don’t want to compete with people’s time off and holiday plans, so it just worked out that way. 

Post # 7
650 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

My aunt is throwing my bridal shower in late October.  I have to fly into town for it since I live here in NYC and some family is in Michigan (and that’s where the wedding will be,) 

I don’t understand why we don’t do it at Christmas though – everyone will already be in town but….eh….I don’t really care.

Post # 8
2 posts
Wannabee

My shower is November 30th, which is the Saturday after Thanksgiving, but I am hoping it helps people out because I have a lot of guests that live out of town and they will be in for the holiday. Bachelor/Bachelorette party is January 18th. I am a little worried about when to send out invitations though….I dont want them to get lost in the Christmas card shuffle.

Post # 9
177 posts
Blushing bee

We decided to lay low on the Holidays. We’ll be handing out invitations during these last weeks of December and the first week of January but the bachelor and bachelorette parties will be around Feb 15 (the weekend before the wedding).

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors