Feb 2015 – 4 Months to go!

posted 2 years ago in February 2015
Post # 3
929 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2015

I know how you feel. I work 6 days a week and go to school 3 nights a week so my only free time is Thursday nights and Sundays. It’s hard to get meetings and coordinate with my vendors. My biggest to do is to talk to our priest and revisit the church. I heard from a family friend that he misunderstood how many guests who be attending and he’s not sure we can all fit in the chapel! We met him months ago and he assured me there was space so I want to look at our other options if the chapel isn’t available. Next I need to finish designing and printing the invites this month. We also need to order our wedding bands and start a registry. I will also have to finalize the rentals we’ll need and sign a contract. Next month, I need to mail my invites, make up programs, have a dress fitting, finish ordering the wine and beer we’re having made and pick out cake flavors. 

I am feeling stressed out mostly because our venue is owned by the city. It’s a beautiful building but there is no staff, no cutlery, no tables, nothing. We have to bring everything in ourselves which is proving to be quite the challenge. I feel like I need to triple check everything. I’ve been having dreams about forgetting to send out the invites, or having our guests go to the wrong church. Gah. 

Post # 4
1262 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: February 2015 - Mount Hermon

sostobe:  We have a lot done, but so much left to do!  

It really is approaching fast!  Slow down!

Trying to collect addresses is my difficulty right now.

We haven’t had issues with vendors, but then we don’t have a lot of vendors.  

Next is designing the table numbers.  We have a brilliant idea, we just need to sit down and do it.

Also, the rose candle votives.  I have about 40 to make.  I have 2 done. Oops.

Have to order the cake at some point, but the bakery said they only need about 2 weeks notice on that.

Damn candy bar containers, need to get those.  Along with a lot of other odds and ends, but most of those will be easy to find.

Did a flower test run last week that went well. 

Ordered invitations.

got ALL my jewelry, accessories and undergarmets and they all fit together well!

Bridesmaids & flower girl dresses, happening around Thanksgiving.

Post # 5
81 posts
Worker bee

I seriously cannot beleive how quickly Feb is approaching!!! Glad I can come on these boards to get some peace of mind!

I got a ton of my to do’s done when were like 9-12 months away, and now I am picking up the slack on all the other details. I work and am getting my masters so I have been using my one day off every week to powerhouse through things! I got my invites, picked out the cake, picked out wedding bands all in the last two weeks! I still have to meet with some vendors in the next week or two (DJ and priest), and I have to start my DIY asap!! We are getting engagement pictures this weekend, whcih I am nervous and excited for! 

So many little details to start working on! I am starting to plan out the logistics of the wedding day and the honeymoon (leaving the morning after, at like, 4AM! ha!).

It really started feeling real when we picked out our wedding bands and trying them on! That was really exciting for me! I cannot wait until we have those rings on our fingers!

Post # 7
81 posts
Worker bee

sostobe:  Thank you! I am more looking foreward to the end product but I’m sure it will be a fun process! haha 

We are taking a cruise that leaves out of New Orleans and goes to Mexico, Honduras, and Belize!! I am almost more excited for the honeymoon than the reception! haha 🙂 We are going all out and getting the honeymoon romance package (couples massages, dinners, wine, professional photos, the works!)!

Can’t wait!!! I’m sure the time is going to FLY by now that holiday season is among us!! Are you girls feeling stressed yet? Or mostly just excited?? 

Post # 9
721 posts
Busy bee

Yesterday marks exactly 4 months until our wedding and I have gone into panic mode.

I think I have so much left to do, more than normal at this point.

I haven’t even picked out the bridesmaid dresses yet. I’m aiming to get those done by this weekend.

SIGH. Where did the time go?

Post # 10
81 posts
Worker bee

OMGMrsW2B:  Totally know how you feel! I think the hardest part is looking at everything you still need to do because it is so overwhelming when you look at the entire to do list. What I have found that helps is to just take it one week at a time. Make a to do list for what you can get done just this week. It looks much more manageable and doesn’t cause you to go into panic mode! 

What are some of the major things you are worried about?

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors