Feb 2015 Brides – post your progress

posted 2 years ago in February 2015
Post # 2
1262 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: February 2015 - Mount Hermon

sostobe:  We’re doing engagement photos on saturday!  My dress came and I had my first fitting (totally in love with it)

I’ve been procrastinating on the hair stylist too…..meh.  My cousin is doing my makeup and we did a test run for that (test run round 2 is saturday, for the engagement photos).  

Also been procrastinating on the videographer.  But that’s not my fault.  FI already contacted him and nothing.  Nada.

Musicians: done.  Reception music: looooong project.  Ongoing.

Venue: one of the first things we did, and came with a coordinator.  Easy peasy.

Suits: Done, assuming the slacker groomsmen get their lazy a**s to Men’s Wearhouse by the 5th.

Bridesmaids dresses: waiting until fall because why not? Ordering now just means that there’s more time for a cat to pee on it or something.  Color is finalized, ladies are picking their own dresses.

Premarital counseling started.

Flowers: DIYing.  Have begun collecting containers and whatnot. Have not ordered flowers yet.

Wedding workout: Hahaha! Screw you.

Registries: Please.  I had that done before I had the venue.

Hotel: Ugh.  Yes, done, but it was a pain in the a**.

Wedding night hotel: “We haven’t opened booking for Feburary yet.” Say what? Fine.

Guest list: done. Well, ongoing. 

Not done:

Taste food, get decorations, create ceremony, accessories (but I do have my shoes), candy bar, flower test run, rose votives project, invitations, website, save the dates (but I have an excuse– I need photos), cake, help plan bridal shower/bachelorette party (maybe?), rehearsal dinner, table numbers.

Post # 4
23 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2014

Aww I think everything is coming in nicely for you. Thats great that you alread have most of these things organised. It will be less of a burden and frustration at the last minute. 

I have yet to go with my bridesmaids to purchase their dresses. Also I am amaized that you got your song listing and practicing the dance. I have yet to do that. 

I just need to stop procrastinating.

haha All the best dear! 🙂

Post # 6
180 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: February 2015

I feel like I have a lot done, only a few bigger things left…

We have the venue, caterer (and with that the linens, chairs, etc. all picked out), my dress, photographer, engagement photos done, guest list, and florist.

To do: hotel block, save the dates, invites, DJ (have one picked out, meeting with him this weekend), cake, book bistro lights vender, grooms attire, MOH dress, make-up artist, and registry

Post # 7
39 posts
Newbee

Wow.  Everyone is making me feel behind!  I have the venue set which includes the ceremony space, meal, etc.  Also comes with a cake from their preferred vendors so no use stressing and reading reviews on bakeries.  Two to choose from, that’s it.  I have my coordinator booked, tentatively have my officiant (but he’s waiting on his tv taping schedule–Los Angeles wedding officiant/actor) lol  I have interviewed photographers, have another meeting this weekend before we decide.  I picked my bridal party.  I have my colors and tentative design.  I have invitation samples, but haven’t decided yet.  Looking for my dress in a couple weeks and the BM dresses after that.  My bridesmaid dress color is set so we just need to pick the style and order.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by  crzyorchid.
Post # 8
579 posts
Busy bee

Venue: done, deposit paid

Officiant: done, but we need to check in with him… there seems to be some shifting around at my FI’s temple, and I want to make sure we are doing everything right

Caterer: done, including tasting, deposit down

Dress: done, paid for, waiting for it to arrive so I can get it fitted

Drinks: just got a proposal back… woah! $$$, we were going to do unlimited wine/beer/champagne and a hosted cocktail for the cocktail hour but jeeze, that’s gonna be pricey! 

DJ: met with an AWESOME guy, need to put down the deposit

Photog: check, I love him and our engagement pics were wonderful!

Videographer: check, deposit down

DOC: check, half paid

Florist/Event Design: deposit down, need to have another ‘vision’ planning meeting

Bridesmaids: asked 1/2, letting them pick dress

Groomsmen: they’ve been asked, need to coordinate suits

Groom’s suit: we need to do this!

Guest List: mostly done, we need to clarify a few things (I’m struggling with work invites! Some of my closest friends are coworkers, so I need to think through that)

STD: ordered, delivered, half addressed (to go out mid-July)

Invites: I love these from Wedding Paper Divas! We ordered a sample, and FI, BM, and I love it. Need to run it by our moms, I guess. 

(Our wedding will be modern, fun, pink and gold, so I love these shiny stripped invites in our color)

Wedding website: domain paid for the year, hotels and info are starting to be plugged in

Registries: we started two small registries. My family is hosting a co-ed ‘shower’ for us 4th of July weekend!

Cake: we’re doing cupcakes, had a tasting, put down a deposit to hold our date

Candy Bar: we have about 90 gold glitter take-out boxes, and my mom bought a bunch of jars. We need scoops and candy!

Decor: LOL I’m so DIY-challenged. I bought initial letters for us for one of our tables, and I BUTCHERED them with gold glitter paint. Oh well!

Hair/Make-Up: Got a quote back for $1400. HA HA. So… still searching for someone to do my hair and make up for a reasonable price. It’s a Sunday in February! Come on! 

Need to: ask my Maid of Honor to be my Maid of Honor, reserve hotel room blocks, figure out a rehearsal dinner location/plan, put together our engagement photos in a photo guest book, resize my grandmother’s wedding ring and get it cleaned, buy a ring for FI… hmmm, I’m sure I’m forgetting something big! 

• This reply was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by  manzanas.
Post # 9
100 posts
Blushing bee

ohmariemarie:  wow! And i thought I was ahead on the planning, lol. I love those invitations 🙂

I have all the major things set already, I’m just down to the details

Done: venue and church booked, DJ done, invitations picked out, caterer, decorations linens and chairs and included with the venue, lights paid, cake just booked yesterday, photographer and videographer picked out just pending contract, and dress paid for!

Need: groom’s tux, my accessories (veil, headband, etc), hair and makeup, favors, registry, and still debating on hiring a dessert bar

Post # 10
265 posts
Helper bee

So far we have booked a photographer ( loved our engagement shoot with her) Got a quote from a venue we are willing to accept their quote and are looking at one more ( fingers crossed they are competetive because I lllove their chapel!)

The first venue is outdoors and in the event of rain they offer a room at their restaurant, but I much rather like the chapel. I was all for outdoors – gorgeous mountain view!, but the thought of rain is freaking me out. Both venues food included so no outside catering.

I am hoping to book the musicians end of this month. Have been in contact with florists ( oh horror! Wedding on Valentine’s!!!!)

I think I am going to explode!

I have also ordered a vintage empire style wedding dress with hopes of altering it or using the fabric to make my own. Such delicate embroiderd lace! Hoping for it to arrive this week. The second dress Im hopin going to be 50s style red or tea length white princess.

I get to wear 2 dresses because our ceremony will be in the morning followed by family + close friends lunch and then a break for naps ( wedding in south africa so still Summer, was +36 for our engagemnt shoot febr last year!) and in the evening we are hoping to book a party for all the friends and family at a little place that serve buffet dinner and have live music concert. We do not want traditional reception – liking it to be off beat and rather attending a local event with about 20-25 guests of ours. There will be a dance floor and I think I could toss my bouquet to all the single ladies present, does it all sound too crazy?

We just want the focus to remain on our spiritual union and thus separating the 2 parts of celebration. So for the same price we get 2 parties in one!

Absolutely clueless what to do about the bridesmaids ( want to ask FI’s sister and his brother’s wife by then). I have no friends in SA. Only FI’s friends. Groom and groomsmen are not sorted. We have very little budget for this!

I want to knit me a veil and shawl for the evening.

How exciting is all the planning! Dont you ladies find it super exciting?

Post # 11
265 posts
Helper bee

sostobe:  I absolutely adore your pinecone idea! Collecting pinecones is so romantic! I want to see if I can bully FI into collecting sea shells!! 🙂

Post # 12
721 posts
Busy bee

Oh my goodness. I feel like I’m so behind on the planning. I’m hoping to get everything finalized this month. The FI keeps laughing at me when I express any sort of stress regarding not having our vendors booked. He’s like, “it’s 7 and a half months away”…sigh. LOL.

Venue: Booked. We actually booked it the first week of our enagement. It was the first and only place we looked. Both the ceremony and reception will be there. They also have an in-house caterer so that’s taken care of. We’ll have the tasting in October.

Guestlist: Done. Just waiting on my FMILs to send over the addresses. I’ve only requested them 3 times.

Cake/Desserts: Booked. She’s an all organic/locally sourced bakery which is nice. Tasting is next month!! It’s my birthday month so that’s extra exciting. Guess I’ll be putting the wedding diet on hold for that afternoon.

Save the Dates: We commissioned an illustration from an artist friend of ours. He’s supposed to have them done by this weekend, so here’s hoping that is finalized so we can send them out.

Dress: Ordered last week.

Photographer: Booked. We’re going to do our engagement photos in November. We’re not using them for anything other than to do a sesson to get comfortable with having our photos taken. The FI is not so excited about doing standard photo poses.

Videographer: Still undecided if we are going to do a video or not

Music: Met with a few different DJ/fusion bands. Unsure of who we’re going with it.

Floral: Hoping today is the last floral vendor meeting before I can make a decision. This is meeting #3, and I want to decide on the florist already.

Invitations: Have gotten a ton of samples from various companies. Leaning toward one from Minted. I love the work that Rifle Paper Co does, but it’s just not in the invitation budget.

Hair/MUA: Need to start getting trials. I have an idea of who I might want to use. Although my mom isn’t too set on the MUA I like.

Registry: A work in progress. I just found out Anthropologie offers a registry and got really excited about that.

Bridesmaids: Selected but haven’t asked yet.  Dealing with a little bit of uncertainity since one just announced she’s pregnant and due 5 weeks before the wedding. No idea about the dresses yet.

MOH: It’s my sister.

I still feel like I have nothing done and still so much left to do.

227 days to go….

Post # 13
721 posts
Busy bee

ohmariemarie:  Love your Save the Dates!! And those invitations are so pretty.

Post # 14
721 posts
Busy bee

sostobe:  The color of the bridesmaid dress is gorgeous.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors