Feb 2015 Brides – Trials

posted 2 years ago in February 2015
Post # 2
721 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2015

Wow, so early?? I feel like I’m behind. Mine are scheduled for January.

Post # 3
579 posts
Busy bee

Mine’s the 14th of November!

Post # 5
721 posts
Busy bee

sostobe:  Yeah, I’m starting to realize that January is too late. I was also under the impression that I’d book a consultation with a MUA, they would put some makeup on me (I’d pay for it of course), and if I liked it, I’d book them. Then, the actual trial is to do the run through of the decided upon bridal looks.  Apparently, I was quite mistaken.

This morning was spent contacting a bunch of MUAs. SIGH. I’m the worst bride.

Post # 7
51 posts
Worker bee

@sostobe I’m in the SAME boat!  I’m using a stylist I’ve never tried before and am super nervous.  Updo’s have never turned out well for me and your wedding day is not the day for you to find out the style you chose and the stylist are not the right ones.  The stylist I’m going with also suggested mid January (!!!!) talk about stress! Note, my wedding is Feb 7th!  Imagine it didn’t work out?  Then you’d spend the final 2 weeks before our wedding trying to figure out a new style. 

I told her about my concerns, more that I need to make sure the style actually suits me (not if she’s capable) and booked it for November 20th!  

We should definitely share pics after our trials!  

Post # 8
51 posts
Worker bee

@OMGMrsW2B You’re not the worst!  I hear you on the trial process, I totally thought it would be like that too.  It’s seriously a leap of faith.  Luckily my MUA is my best friend/MOH so that’s one less stress.  

LOL if it makes you feel any better I didn’t know BM dresses took 4 months to come in and I started looking basically at the cut off time to make sure they’d be in on time. Haha so it was a hectic and rushed process. You’re not alone!

Post # 10
1262 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: February 2015 - Mount Hermon

sostobe:  OMGMrsW2B:  ohmariemarie:  

Okay, now I feel silly. My cousin is doing my makeup, so my trial was my engagement photos.  In June.  

I know it’s hard to see, but I wanted a natural look.  I wanted to look like a prettier Me, not Me with makeup on.  I usually wear about the same amount, but my cousin has some application tips, brand tips, and a good understanding of where each shade should go.  

And I had my hair trial….awhile ago.  Um….End of August? Yeah.

And I did my bouquet trial run too! (DIYing all the flowers) Wrong colors, but right types.

Post # 11
721 posts
Busy bee

diamondlilly:  same here on the BM dresses. My girls are going this weekend. Oops! 

I clearly didn’t do timeline research. 

Good news is I’ve started to schedule some trials for this month. 

Post # 12
721 posts
Busy bee

MrsYellowDaffodil:  my mom probably wishes I was on top of things like you! Your hair style is gorgeous! 

Were doing e-photos in December since we didn’t plan on using them for the Save the Dates. 

Post # 13
127 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: February 2015 - Backyard

<h2>@diamondlilly my wedding is the 7th as well!!! How exciting! </h2>
<h2>I’m just having a small backyard wedding so I’ve decided to do my hair and makeup myself, but I have had previous training. </h2>

@MrsYellowDaffodil you look beautiful! I love your subtle makeup (I might even have to add it to my inspiration pile 😉 )

<h2> </h2>

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors