Post # 3
1115 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

Hi there!  Hoping a roll call will make this seem more real lol 

How far along are you?  4w6d

What is your estimated due date? 2/14

What baby # is this?   2

How many cycles trying?  None… we slipped up once and didn’t think anything of it since timing seemed off and it took nearly a year of trying every tip in the book to conceive #1!  

When did you get your BFP? yesterday– I assumed my period was late bc I’d been traveling so I didn’t really think about it until I got home. 

Who have you told? my husband and my July 2016 mamas (Facebook group stemming from the bee!) and I guess my son? Lol

When do you plan on telling more people?  I’ll tell my BFF on Saturday.  Probably wait til 12ish weeks for everyone else. 

How did you tell your partner? I gave the test to my son in a bag and told him to give it to daddy. Hubs was very confused. 

Any symptoms yet? No 

What are you most excited about?  Mostly at this point I’m nervous and shocked. But I know it’ll be awesome to see my son be a big brother. He already loves babies. And I had been starting to miss the newborn snuggles. 

When is your first appt? I’ll probably call today or tomorrow. 

Are you planning on finding out the baby’s gender?   Don’t plan on it. We didn’t find out with my son. 

Post # 4
1115 posts
Bumble bee

candy11 :  Congratulations!  How old is your son?  Mine is 11 months so they’ll be 19 months apart!  A bit scary to me lol. But exciting too. 🙂

Post # 6
882 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2016 - Cherry Orchard

<div id=”board-post-id-1″ class=”boards-post-number” style=”box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; max-height: 1000000px; border: 0px; color: #7a7a7a; font-family: ‘Helvetica Neue’, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; -webkit-tap-highlight-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); -webkit-text-size-adjust: 100%; background-position: 0px 0px;”> </div>
<div class=”text-holder” style=”box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; max-height: 1000000px; border: 0px; font-family: ‘Helvetica Neue’, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; -webkit-tap-highlight-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); -webkit-text-size-adjust: 100%; background-position: 0px 0px;”>

ROLL CALL:

How far along are you?  5w6d

What is your estimated due date? 02/08/2018

What baby # is this? 1!

How many cycles trying? 3

When did you get your BFP? 05/28- our one year anniversary! 💕

Who have you told? Our parents. We welcome their support no matter what.

When do you plan on telling more people? 12wks 

How did you tell your partner? We waited for the results together. I said “it’s going to be negative” and he looked at the test and said “LOOK LOOK” and I hit his chest and freaked out for roughly the next 4 days.

Any symptoms yet? I am SO nauseous/pukey  also bloated. Also sore boobs. 

What are you most excited about? Letting this belly out this summer 😉

When is your first appt? 6/26

Are you planning on finding out the baby’s gender?  Hellllll yes! I am not a patient person.

</div>

Read morehttp://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/february-2018-love-babies-and-mamas/#ixzz4ju7P9vLy

Post # 7
129 posts
Blushing bee

I’ll join in, I guess I feel confident that this is the real deal now!

ROLL CALL:

How far along are you?  5 weeks 3 days

What is your estimated due date? Feb 10th based on ovulation

What baby # is this? 1

How many cycles trying? 1st – I still can’t believe it happened so quickly. I was prepared for a long road based on my age and suboptimal fertility testing.

When did you get your BFP? 10 dpo / two weeks ago yesterday

Who have you told? Only my parents – they could not be more excited. I work for a family business so wanted them to know in case I felt tired or sick.

When do you plan on telling more people? Good friends after the heartbeat at 8 weeks, SO’s family when they are visiting from overseas around 11 weeks, everyone else after genetic screening (12 to 14 weeks)

How did you tell your partner? Took a dollar store test and saw the faintest line outside the test window timing (had been looking in the wrong place before that). So kept it quiet all evening until I saw a faint line on a second dollar store test right before bed. Went into the bedroom and said “I’m currently a little bit pregnant” and he was totally confused because I had told him I wasn’t going to test until AF was late. We were both then so cautiously excited and got more so as the lines darkened that week. 

Any symptoms yet? Sore boobs, tiredness and increased sense of smell. Symptoms come and go though which makes me nervous. Sore nipples are the most constant.

What are you most excited about? Having a successful pregnancy then meeting our little nut. Our baby will be mixed race and can’t wait to see which features they get from which parent!

When is your first appt? Already had initial bloodwork with my family doctor. First ultrasound is July 4th, first OB appointment is July 11th.

Are you planning on finding out the baby’s gender? Definitely! There’s no way I’ll be able to wait.

Post # 8
1457 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

Yay so happy to see this board! I have my BFP but I’d like to wait a little longer before I rollcall because of my CP two months ago. Congrats to all you ladies!

Post # 9
297 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2016

Throwing caution to the wind. Here goes:

ROLL CALL:

How far along are you?  4w4d

What is your estimated due date? February 18th 

What baby # is this? 1!

How many cycles trying? 10. 

When did you get your BFP? June 11th, 14dpo.

Who have you told? DH, his mom and my two besties. All people I confided in when I had my chemical last year, so I feel good about it. 

When do you plan on telling more people? I got my blood test results back this morning, so I am tempted to tell my sister, as she is a doctor and could give me some insight lol. But probably not until 13-14 weeks. 

How did you tell your partner? I honestly expected it to be negative and was SURE AF was coming, so I almost threw the test in the garbage when I saw a plus sign. I collapsed and started crying on the bathroom floor, and DH came running in and immediately started crying too. 

Any symptoms yet? Weepy, crampy, a little queasy, and huge/sore boobs! 

What are you most excited about? Besides creating a HUMAN BEING, umm I guess announcing it to the world. I have such a hard time keeping secrets. 

When is your first appt? Seeing my GP June 26th to get referred to an OB. 

Are you planning on finding out the baby’s gender? Heck yes! Within an hour of finding out, DH already decided it’s a girl lol. 

Post # 10
297 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2016

jejangles : I get nervous when my symptoms fade tool! Every time I have a wave of mild cramps I feel reassured lol. Also, mixed race babies are soooooo beautiful. 

Meant2Bee :  Looking forward to your eventual roll call and sending you love & strength for a sticky bean. 

Post # 11
1457 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

SundayKat :  Thanks!

Also ladies, I am STRUGGLING keeping this a secret. We told our immediate family right away with the CP – we both agreed to wait until 8 weeks this time around. However, I am very close to my mom we talk everyday and I’m slowing going crazy! lol

Post # 12
1118 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

ROLL CALL:

How far along are you?  3 Weeks 5 Days

What is your estimated due date? February 22, 2018

What baby # is this? #2

How many cycles trying? So many… been TTC off and on since May 2015 and eventually did did IVF.

When did you get your BFP? June 11, 2017

Who have you told? My husband, my endocrinologist (have a thyroid issue), my good friend, and my baby group from my first son.  Still waiting to tell family.

When do you plan on telling more people? I’m going to try and wait until the first ultrasound but I’m not sure I’ll be able to wait.  I’m bursting at the seams because I’ve been waiting so long for this and I’m so happy!  If my beta rises nicely then I’ll probably tell close family then.

How did you tell your partner? We took the tests together because we agreed to do that.  He wanted to be a part of it.

Any symptoms yet? Nope.

What are you most excited about? My son having a sibling, snuggling a new baby, a big belly.  I loved being pregnant the first time around!!

When is your first appt? I have my beta HCG on Friday and then will have another one 2 or 4 days later and then hopefully an ultrasound in a couple weeks.  I have lots of monitoring because I had an ectopic before.

Are you planning on finding out the baby’s gender? We have the gender in an envelope because we did IVF/PGD.  We had three embryos (2 girls, 1 boy) but I’m not sure which was transferred.  

Post # 13
1115 posts
Bumble bee

Anyone interested in starting a Facebook group to keep in touch? It would be totally secret, so no one outside the group knows it exists. It makes it a lot easier to keep up with each other and get to know all the mamas. I literally chat with my first moms group daily and it’s been awesome becoming friends. 🙂

If so, message me your full Facebook name and location or something to make sure I have the right person. If/when I got a handful I can set it up.

ETA: You’ll be getting a random Facebook friend request from me in order to be added.  

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by  RedWine13.
Post # 14
2063 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

candy11 :  Congratulations Candy!  So happy for you guys 🙂

Meant2Bee :  I’m so happy to see you here.  Us January moms are rooting for you!

Leave a comment

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors