Post # 1
So below are my designs I picked for the invitation and RSVP and I am looking to get some feedback on them. I’m looking to order them early as I have a coupon for $100 off a $200 order so I can afford to go all out with the invitations, RSVPs and thank you cards.
I was also wondering if anyone had any experience ordering their custom envelopes (not having return address printed on them though) in terms of quality for what you pay.
Post # 3
What a lovely invitation!
Just one comments, as RSVP means “please respond” I would remove the “Please” in front of RSVP. It’s a little redundant to say it twice. 🙂
Post # 4
I would add
“at six O’clock in the evening”
comma after Wednesday, October Fifteenth
I would spell out
I would add “respond by the thirty-first of august”, spelling it out, and dropping the year.
Post # 5
@eocenia: That was something I was unsure about, but when I put “RSVP No Later Than” it sounded a little harsh. Maybe I should switch out RSVP with Respond?
Post # 6
@jenilynevette: Thank you for pointing those out, it certainly looks better with those changes!
Post # 7
@JessicaJupiter: that sounds good to say please respond by!!
Post # 8
@JessicaJupiter: I think “Please respond…” sounds good if you’re worried that just RSVP will sound like a command.
Post # 9
@JessicaJupiter: Turned out really pretty.
the only comment i have:
– the very 1st line (the honour of your… ) might be a little too close to the border; maybe you can decrease the font size just a little bit to give it more room;
– or since you have quite a lot of unused white above it maybe split the 1st line into two lines
of your presence…
Post # 10
@JessicaJupiter: I think you need another colour in there somewhere. Nothing crazy or bold, just something to break up the blue a bit. Maybe see what it looks like with your names, “Reception to follow” and the first line of your RSVP card in black?
Or, you could invert the colours – the text I suggested to make black, leave blue, and make the rest black instead? So your names stand out more – a bit confusing, sorry if it doesn’t make sense!
Just my thoughts.
Post # 11
@Kili: I ended up going with you idea as well and now it is more of a pyramid shape at the top, it looks better and more balanced.
@ksus07: I had actually played around with incorporating different colours that the single one they had it set too and I ended up hating the look of it and the uniform blue actually looks better than when you throw in black or darker shades of blue…
So I did end up ordering them about an hour ago and got an amazing deal. I only had to pay $120 with shipping and taxes for $270 worth of stuff! I got:
- 30 invites/RSVP/thank you cards with custom blue envelopes and the security wording on the inside of the envelopes with our names and wedding date
- 10 extra similar design cards for various contact information for our out of towners to make plans
- A sheet of customized envelope stickers featuring our names and wedding date
- Several customized business items for my dads snowblowing business for his birthday
- A sheet of 140 return address stickers
- 2 custom pens for FI and I to use around our house with cartoon pics of me him and the cat
- Plus: everything is in linen finish which I adore!
So thanks everyone for your feedback so I could get those ordered!