(Closed) Feeling a little bummed my family can’t make the wedding & more (bit long)

posted 6 years ago in Emotional
Post # 3
442 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2015

@hana.schmitt:

Congratulations on your upcoming marriage. 

You have a very unique and supporting family, I’m sorry they will be unable to make your wedding. These are tough economic times for everyone and it sounds as though money is the only issue with your family attending the wedding. 

A wedding ceremony skype sounds like a fantastic idea. I was thinking about doing this as well, and I hope your venue has wifi. I would talk to your wedding planner or venue coordinator about setting this up ahead of time. Also, once you confirm availability, get your family on board and make sure they know how to use skype as well. 

Have you thought of any ideas to incorporate your family into the ceremony? Words, photos, items? 

Post # 4
1365 posts
Bumble bee

I don’t have anything much to say to you except *hugs*, try to enjoy the wedding for what it is (your wedding to your loved one) and know that your family and those departed will be there with you in spirit, if not in body, on your special day. And then be excited that you can share it all with them in a couple of summers!

Post # 5
456 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

I just wrote a whole long post and the board hiccuped and ate it so I’ll try and summarize.  I’m not an authority by any means and I wish I had an answer because I’m going through a similar situation with my family.  as of now, the only one that has said she’s definitely coming to the wedding is my aunt and it really really sucks.  I always thought my family would be there for me when I got married but it doesn’t seem like its going to work out that way.  I hope that it will get better for both of us and if you want someone to talk to/vent with then you know where to find me.  🙂

The topic ‘Feeling a little bummed my family can’t make the wedding & more (bit long)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors