Post # 1
- Wedding: October 2017 - Sauk Valley Resort
My FFIL is in hospice as of Monday. He told FMIL this morning that he thought today was the day he would go, but he made it through. Part of me wants to move the wedding, but FMIL doesn’t want that. I know we would lose money, but I just don’t think this is going to go well. It’s two months away and I just feel it’ll be way too soon. We’re all pretty distraught because of how fast this is happening, and FI and I are just lost. His dad was going to be his best man. FI and I are actually sleeping on their couch tonight just in case something happens. Anyone been through something similar and have some advice?
Post # 2
I’m so sorry Bee. My big sister died 5 months ago very suddenly and it was only 4 days before our baby sister’s wedding. Honestly I would just wait until after and see how your fiancé feels. If he thinks that it’s a good idea I would go ahead and continue with the wedding. I was thankful because if they had waited I think it would have been harder on everyone and we would have to deal with it all over again. I personally feel like her absence is harder the longer time goes by.
Again though, I would just do whatever your FI is comfortable with. FMIL is probably just trying to keep something to look forward to right now.The wedding is probably the only thing that got us through that week.
Sending you guys love and prayers❤️
Post # 3
kc1014 : I have. FIL had cancer and died five weeks before the wedding. Read through my old posts for a recap and pm me if you have an personal questions.
Post # 4
I’m so sorry. It’s good you are able to be with your FI and his family at this time. I’d wait on making a big decision. There is so much going on that it’s hard to think straight. I think it’s best to see what FI and his family want. Weddings are such happy events. It could be that the family will need something happy to look forward to at this time.
Try to take care of yourself as much as possible at this time. We went through that with DH’s parents. It was a very difficult time.
Post # 5
I really have nothing. I just wanted to say that I am so sorry.
As pp said, now is not the time to make big decisions.
Post # 6
Don’t think about it right this minute. See how you all feel after the funeral, in the days everyone goes back to work and the new reality sets in.
Most of the time I feel it is better not to cancel the wedding, but there are exceptions.
Post # 7
Oh, I’m so sorry. Maybe just try to get through these next few days before making any decisions. Then see how your fiancé feels about things, and go from there. My prayers for you and your fiancé ‘s family. So tough…