Post # 1
my fiance and I have a wonderful relationship and jst have a beutifull little girl together. he proposed almost a year ago and we still have not set a date which would be fine i have no issues having a long engagement. but he wants to move away! which i do as well but were we want to move to is too far away that when we do decide to get married my family and most of his family (our parents and siblings) wont be able to afford to come to our wedding… ive tried talking to him about this ive now even gone as far as saying i wont move unless we get married. I know its a lil drastic but i refuse to be married wihout my mom there. anytime i bring it up that we should set a date he completly avoids it? is there any way that i can get him to side with me. i would tell him how i feel about it but everytime i try he doesnt want to talk about it…. why would he ask me to marry him and then not want to set a date? any suggestions would be awsome….
Post # 3
I dont blame you; i’d have a hard time moving far away, just to get married away from everyone. Have you asked him why he avoids it? Just be point blank. Part of being in a relationship is talking about things when somebody brings up a concern, not just evading the topics and blowing it off. You need to ask him these things and if he gets frustrated, you need to find out what the underlying problem is. Honestly, he should be wanting to set a date, and the fact that he hasn’t been gung-ho in regards to it may mean there is something he’s not sure about. Assure him you guys will work it out, but ti’s not cool for you to be left in the dark
Post # 4
Well, I wouldn’t be moving and making sacrifices like that, for someone, unless I was married. So I don’t believe you are being harsh. Although, if you do move before marriage, you could always come back to your hometown for your wedding, right?
But I agree, you need to sit down and talk some stuff out.
Post # 5
so i sat down and talked with him today about it. And explained how i was feeling. then i asked him why he was telling his family maybe next summer if we arent going to set a date??? he said cause maybe next summer so i told him i need at least 9 monhts advance notice im a petit woman and will prob have to order a dress as none of the stores here carry my size. and ill have to get it altered (more then likely) he laughed and said okay.so that eases my mind a lil. it would still be nice to have a formal date but i guess it wont kill me to wait a lil longer. i know hes really worried about finances and i keep telling him were not that bad off but her gets it in his mind that because we dont have all the fancy toys right now that its not good enough. thanks for your input ill keep you posted maybe well pick a date on our 3 yr