- 3 years ago
So, as many of you may know, my fiance and I are from different countries (US and AUS) and our early 2015 wedding date was unrealistic. So, we called everything off until October 2015. Thankfully, we were able to cancel with all our vendors (more like reschedule). We made sure we could for this very reason. What our new plan is is to get married by the justice of the peace first, then have a wedding later. I am really stressed with the fiance visa deal anyway, and planning a wedding that is supposed to happen in only a year is too much for me. So, that’s what’s going to happen. We have no problem telling our family we are married, so that’s a non-issue. We don’t want to deprive ourselves or our families of a nice ceremony, but really, it’s all too much of an IF if we can even hold the wedding so soon. It’s too stressful not knowing if he will even have the visa approved by then or not.