- 5 years ago
I finally got it done! Yippee!! I just have to brag because it turned out so nicely 🙂 Here was the months long project, and photos of the completed product.
1. First I got ready for the photo shoot; got my hair touched up, picked out a wardrobe (and bought some sexy new lingerie that he’s never seen), and found a studio / setting to use.
2. The photo shoot was the easy part. I got the photos done by a (very talented) friend, and she sent me the CD of images.
3. I asked a few close friends their opinions, and with their help chose the 13 photos I liked the best (13 is his lucky number!). Then ANOTHER talented photographer friend helped me turn several of the images into B+W — which is actually way more difficult than just printing in BW.
4. Then I uploaded them to Adorama.com, and had them print all 13 on 4×6 lustre paper, and mount them onto black matboard. Holy expensive! Didn’t realize how much that was going to be…
5. Then I tried to find a box to put them in. Something great looking, wooden, with a nice lock and key, lined with black velvet, that would fit the images (plus a few more), and that was the perfect size (not too massive). No luck! So eventually I comissioned someone on Etsy to do it for me. He did a fantastic job, but again…..holy expensive.
6. Then I decided I wanted to put something on the top of the box, so with the help of yet another friend, I learned how to do woodburning, and burned a little heart with an arrow through it on the top of the box.
7. Finally, I put all the images into the box in a specific order, put a 4×6 peice of light pink vellum on the top, added a black satin ribbon to the bottom so it’s easy to pull out the photos (kindof like the ribbon on the back of battery operated toys?), and a black satin ribbon to the top. I wrote his a heartfelt love letter on pretty stationary.
AND VIOLA! It’s done, and I’m so, so happy with how it turned out. Here are some pics!