- 3 years ago
- Wedding: July 2014
My FI and I are having troubles finding our first dance song. We like a couple songs but theres this feeling that we’re having and its not quite fitting.
- Always – Bon Jovi – We absolutely LOVE Bon Jovi. It has beautiful lyrics, but its also not quite the best for a wedding because it talks about her leaving. This song is literally OUR SONG though because the chorus depicts exactly how we feel:
“And I will love you, baby – Always
And I’ll be there forever and a day – Always
I’ll be there till the stars don’t shine
Till the heavens burst and
The words don’t rhyme
And I know when I die, you’ll be on my mind
And I’ll love you – Always “
- This I Promise You – N Sync – From the first time I heard this song as a girl, I always said this was going to be the song for my first dance. Me and FI were (and still are) N Sync fans lol
- All My Life – KC & JoJo – Love the song, but its over played at weddings
- Heaven – Bryan Adams – This song we love. We actually found a duet on youtube of Boyce Avenue and some girl singing it as a duet. Absolutely stunning.
- God Must Have Spent (A Little More Time On You – N Sync – We found a Boyce Avenue cover of this song as well. We really love Boyce Avenue!!!!
- I Swear – All 4 One – Circa 1994!!!!! Love this song as well. This actually was originally going to be our song.. but I was still so hung up on Bon Jovi.
Could you bee’s possibly point me in the right direction? Should I just go the Bon Jovi route? I’d love to dance to a Bon Jovi song. We’ve seen Bon Jovi about 8 times now and every time he plays Always (which has only been 3 times) I always tear up. I go nuts for the friggen guy, I dont know what it is LOL. N Sync was my childhood boy band love. They will always be #1 in my books LOL. Would it be bad if we had Always as our song? Or should we go for a true love song route?