(Closed) First fitting tomorrow & seeing my dress since I ordered it!

posted 7 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
3572 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

It will be ALRIGHT! I had my first fitting today. It wasn’t the first time I’ve seen my dress (I bought it from a salon in GA and had it shippped to DC so I’ve had it for two weeks) but I know how you feel! I’ve been worried/having nightmares for weeks that the seamstress would tell me that she couldn’t do it, that it would be too much of a Pain to cut all the applice’s and move them up to hem my lace Maggie, that the keyhole back couldn’t be altered. You name it, I worried about it!

Ya know what.. Its pinned, totally do able, and she never made any sort of comment. The price ended up being right about what I (cheap little me) expected for a whole TON of really intricate work.

Just breathe, and enjoy it a little bit. It will be ok, and you’ll be laughing at yourself tomorrow about how silly it all was. I know I am.

And hey, we’re month twins! (I’m June 4, 2011)

Post # 4
1046 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

Hey date twin! ***Good vibes for you***   ๐Ÿ˜€

How exciting! I can’t believe it came in so quickly. I ordered my dress last month and it wont be here until 3 weeks before the wedding!

Post # 5
19 posts
  • Wedding: November 2011

i just had my first fitting tonight and i’ve been so stressed! i ordered it a size smaller back in october then when it came in in February I tried it on and it was tight! it zipped up fine just snug and not comfortable.  So since then i have been panicking that it wasn’t going to fit even thought i’ve been dieting and exercising more. well my fitting was tonight and it fits like a glove except my back (which i’ve been focusing most on in my workout ruitine ugh!) was a little tight and my back fat/skin flowed over a little haha.  i remembered the “post of the week: how to fix back fat without exercise” and suggested lowering the back and now it’s perfect! i just have to get that fixed, hemmed like a 1/2 inch and the bustle, such a relief! and i feel you on the mom issue, my Future Mother-In-Law is very opinionated but means well for the most part, so i decided nto to invite her to the fitting.  I actually just brought my Maid/Matron of Honor (older sister) and bridesmaid (cousin), both will give their honest opinion but support whatever i decide.  so what i’m getting at is, i’m sure everything will be fine, we just like to stress ourselves out over everything wedding related haha.  good luck!!

Post # 7
23636 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2011

I totally understand! ๐Ÿ™‚  Just try to have a good time – everything will be great!

Post # 8
1909 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

Deep breath, its going to be great! Enjoy meeting her for the first time… * HUGS *

The topic ‘First fitting tomorrow & seeing my dress since I ordered it!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors