First Investment…

posted 3 years ago in Home
Post # 3
Member
10384 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2010

If it could easily be rented out, i’d buy the smaller condo and start there – so long as having money tied up in that place wouldn’t mean not having a down payment for the larger place you need down the road. What are the fees associated with buying/selling in France? Do real estate agents take a large chunk like they do in the US? What are the costs to finance there? If you had to sell to free up cash for another down payment, will the fees eat up enough that it would have been cheaper to rent for that time period?

Keep in mind that banks usually have a minimum for a home loan amount, so putting 70% down on such an inexpensive place may not be possible if you need to finance the remaining 30%.

Leave a comment


Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors