(Closed) Fixtures & Flowers for Manhattan wedding

posted 8 years ago in New York City
Post # 3
402 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

Hi there.  There is an extraordinary rental place for these things — they rent antique silver and painted white candelabras more beautiful than any I’ve EVER seen and all kinds of other things for parties/weddings in Manhattan.  Not too terribly expensive either but I think delivery is $50 so there’s that.  The place is on 28th Street, West, in the flower district, so west of Seventh Ave… on the north side of the Street… you can’t miss it because it’s the only place on the street that isn’t about flowers but has white leather sofas and all kinds of these candleabra-type things in the window… fabrics, tablecloths, overlays, runners too to buy or rent.  Absolutely gorgeous stuff! I’m still tempted, for my June 12 wedding, to cancel some centerpieces and go with these antique enormous silver candleabras (extremely tall and of a most unusual shape and design) instead!

Post # 4
232 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

Not sure what else you want in terms of fixtures; lots of that stuff many brides make or you can go around and pick things out for whatever theme you want.  I’d try Chinatown, So-Ho, flea markets and bizaars for cool items.  But for someone that kept it simple yet high end, I’m not sure what you’re looking to.

As far as flowers and costs – that’ll depend on the amount you need and the type of flowers you want.  If you keep things seasonal, and use less expensive flowers, then it shouldn’t cost you too much.  We had a small party, so it was just 3 bouquets (1 for tossing), 4 corages for the moms/grandmother, and 4 bout and the price was very reasonable.  I used Flowers by Richard in NYC. 

The topic ‘Fixtures & Flowers for Manhattan wedding’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors