f&**ked up my excel spreadsheet and now i'm short $1800.

posted 3 years ago in Emotional
Post # 3
2400 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

I think your only option is to ask your parents for the extra $500. I’m sorry this happened):

Post # 4
3769 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: December 1999

maybe ask one of your vendors if you can set up a payment plan and pay them back after the wedding:/

Post # 5
1068 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

Do you expect to receive at least $500 in cash gifts?

Post # 6
2454 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

Do you think you may get that $500 in gifts? If so, are you counting your hotel or tips in that spreadsheet? You can always pay your hotel bill and tips to your vendors with the cash you get from gifts. Not exactly classy to be opening up envelopes at the reception, but my sister had to do it to pay her limo. She totally forgot to bring her CC with her and no one else had the money to give/loan her for it! 

Post # 9
3442 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

@bretonvirgniia:  Could you both donate plasma? How about asking your boss to pick up some extra hours, or cleaning a few houses on the side?

Post # 10
3769 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: December 1999

@bretonvirgniia:  I am sorry, but it sounds like you have really overstretched yourself. Check into cash places are such a scam and cost so much more money in the end. I would cut the honeymoon, sorry.

Post # 12
928 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

Ok deep breath, $500 isn’t enough to make or break a wedding. This sucks but if you keep a clear head you & FI can figure this out. I would contact your vendors and see if you can do a payment plan. Also if you have anything you can sell to make up some cash, do that. Can you pick up extra hours at work? Any friends who might need a babysitter? Maybe your parents would be willing to loan you the money until after the wedding, if you sign a contract & pay them interest?

Also check all of your household bills and schedule out every payment you need to make over the next month, wedding & non wedding related, and see if there’s any flexibility in your cash flow. I remember things were really really close for us, & freaking out about the $ but a few of our bills weren’t due till the week after the wedding so it worked out. Just see where you stand once your bills are scheduled & take it from there. Everything will be ok!!

Post # 15
10384 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2010

Ask your parents if you can borrow the money from them, and lay out a repaymeny plan complete with $ amount, dates, etc. Then you aren’t just asking for more cash.

Post # 16
2546 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

@bretonvirgniia:  you can absolutely cut the band. get married with sterling silver bands and get new ones down the road! 

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors