Florists called my wedding & reception “tacky”!

posted 7 years ago in Reception
Post # 62
609 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Ditto, to finding a new florist.. And I’d probably give that one a piece of my mind..

Post # 63
1995 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

that is very normal and they can shove it.

Post # 64
65 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: January 2012

Keep an open mind to wedding professionals.  You don’t have to agree with all their opinions; but sometimes two or three sets of eyes and ears can improve things, especially if they’re familiar with the venue.   Are you planning to have people seated in rows or seated in round tables like in the picture above?  I think having people sit in rows would feel more like I’m watching a solemn ceremony; whereas, watching a ceremony in round tables feels more like I’m watching a “show” for entertainment.  But that’s just my personal take on it…

Post # 65
682 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

@sojourner73:

are you kidding? If anyone involved in my wedding called any of my ideas “tacky” they would get fired so quickly their head would spin!

Post # 66
71 posts
Worker bee

That space is beautiful!  Yeah that florist needs a quick slap to the face.  I just wish I could have a gorgeous space like that but I am going to have too many people haha

Post # 67
24 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2011

where is that lovely space? it reminds me of an organic farm/restaurant i’ve been to in harper’s ferry – a place i loved.

Post # 68
176 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: January 2011

Sometimes for south-asian weddings they will have the dinner tables set-up so the guests can eat during the ceremony as some ceremonies can be over an hour! 

I would definitely not hire that florist. You need to have someone who will work with your ideas and what you want for your day not call them “tacky” – she’s tacky for even saying anything like that to you!

Post # 69
1690 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

your ceremony/reception room is to die for!  the view is breathtaking…it is so not tacky……….Florists are easy to come by,  so i would go elsewhere and find another one. 

we are having the same room for ceremony then reception like you,   but in UK i have been told that by law we have to leave a full hour between the ceremony and reception, some archaic  rule ……so we are having the ceremony, then we will take a 2 hour break to have drinks and photographs taken,  while the staff get our reception room ready…   mind you this is easily done for MY wedding as its only 22 guests,   so there are only 5 tables,    i imagine if its a larger wedding then time would not allow for this.  

Post # 70
786 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

It is such a beautiful venue, your original idea is great, and there is nothing tacky about it!

Post # 73
142 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: January 2013

glad your new florist is working out well 😀  
did you ask your venue if the staff can turn over the room during the cocktail hr? if you have it in another room or even if its on the other side of the room, the staff can set up from ceramony to reception during that time. that way everyone can get a good view in rows. and i saw someone mentioned a platform…that is a great idea! i love your venue and have always wanted to visit johnstown for some reason. and how could anyone call a wedding, in a place that looks so beautiful, the T word???

Post # 73
1 posts
Wannabee

I think it looks great the venue is stunning with a great view maybe just have some chair covers and tie backs to give it a more elegant look to it this year rose gold themes have really taken off with some stunning sequin covers and high vase floral centerpieces, i think your best finding someone else or maybe not have flowers but candles floating in tall glases or even bired cages for the ceremony have bird cages lined up against the aisle keeping the rose gold tie back theme maybe. 

Post # 74
1495 posts
Bumble bee

Jay1 :  This is a 6 year old post…I doubt the OP is still looking for tips…

Leave a comment

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors