(Closed) Flowers & Dress after Wedding

posted 8 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
333 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

My dress is fairly simple so I will modify it to wear again for a fun event.  I’ve looked at having my flowers preserved and it just isn’t my style to have them hanging in my house as a memory.  I’m going to give them to a good friend of mine and then the flower center pieces are going to go to the local hospital and hospice care.  

Post # 4
549 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

My family always keeps our wedding dresses, and the fabric is used later to make baptismal outfits and first communion gowns (if we have girls or course!!), so I will be getting mine dry cleaned right after the wedding and then just storing it in hopes that we are blessed with kids one day that I can use it for 🙂 I’m probably just going to let my mom take my flowers home and enjoy their beauty until they die.  I also cannot imagine having flowers hanging around my house preserved… not my style!

Post # 5
3219 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2010

I’m a 2 dress bride..1 is short and sassy like me so i will keep it and wear again.. The other is being custom made and im concidering selling it. Why not help a bride out with a well priced custom made gown!

As my Flowers & decor I picked a christmas theme so we can use our stuff over & over again!

Post # 6
1011 posts
Bumble bee

I will probably have my bouquet freeze dried and placed in a shadow box.  Not sure what I’ll do with my dress.  I know my sister wants to use one of my veils.

Post # 8
972 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

@amaroo- I love the idea of donating the flowers to a local hospital, do you think we can write that off as a tax deduction?

I have 2 daughters so hopefully one day they would love to wear my dress!

I want to preserve my bouqet but dont know if we want to spend the $200 for it and we are going on our honeymoon the day after the wedding and I know if you want to preserve it you gotta do it right away

Post # 10
333 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

@tammyt112 – you may be able to get away with it being a tax write off. Check with the agency and your local tax person.   A good friend of mine is serving as my ‘go to person’/ DOC for the day and she has agreed to get them to the proper locations.  I’m still working on the logistics of what goes where. 

This was an idea that I think someone else has used here.  It also has a person note because my date was in the hospital for a triple bypass last year.  While he had family coming in and out to visit, there were many people in the cardiac unit who did not seem to have visitors or family the week he was there.  i just think it is a really nice way to brighten someone’s day!

Post # 11
1701 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

cecullaton, you gave me the first reason I have ever heard to want to keep the dress

The topic ‘Flowers & Dress after Wedding’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors