Post # 1
I just need to vent or have someone say a prayer for us, (I am not spiritual, but will be for now.) My Future Mother-In-Law who I am not close to, she does not speak much English, actually none right now, fell a few years back and hit her head. She did not go to the hospital since she did not have insurance. To make a very long story short, she had a headache yesterday and her daughter decided to take her to the ER. They ran test and it reveiled that there is a lot of fluid on the brain and also a contusion which is extremely old, probably from the fall, which makes sense, since she has totally regressed in behavior in the past year. (baby talk in polish, loss of blatter, can not drink without spilling.) They ran test last night and decided that she needed to get a spinal tap this morning to relieve the pressure. If that does work, they will be able to put 2 stunts (sp?) in and she should be fine; on the down side, if it does not work (and doctors were not hopeful), there is nothing they can do. They will give her 6 months. My Fiance is in denial and does not even want to go see her, she is about 15 minutes from our home, and i can not make him. I would go see her on my own, but with the language barrier, it is very hard. All she can say is HI and Bye. Dont think I am really asking for anything out of you ladies, just needed to talk to someone, since Fiance is not really dealing with it. Just please pray that everything works out for the best.
Post # 3
huggs date twin… i am sending a prayer and good thoughts your way.
i think that you’re doing the right thing at this point by trying to be supportive but not pushing him to do something he doesn’t want to do. once you find out how the spinal taps go, i think within a few days you should really coax him into going to see his mother. especially at a time like this, she needs him there.
Post # 4
This actually happened to my Future Father-In-Law a few months ago. They were able to drain the fluid though and relieve pressure and he’s completely fine now. I really hope that your Future Mother-In-Law is okay and that the procedure goes well. Hopefully within the next few days your Fiance will realize what’s going on and change his mind. Sending hugs and prayers your way!
Post # 5
@summerlove22 _ I am glad to hear that your Future Father-In-Law is doing so well. That really gives me hope that maybe she will be fine. I just spoke with FH and he asked if we could leave work early (we work for the same company) to go see her.
Post # 6
Wow that’s scary. I hope that she gets better. My thoughts are with you.
Post # 7
I’m sending prayers and hugs your way. I hope that things will be for the best!
Post # 8
First of hugs. That is such a hard thing to go through right now. My thoughts are with you.
Post # 9
Hi Miss Bubbles,
Please, don’t let the language barrier keep you away. Even if your Fiance won’t go, you should probably go and just sit with her, even if for just a few minutes (maybe hold her hand if you are comfortable with it or lay your hand on hers to let her know you are there for her). I’ve heard time and time again that only 10% of communication is verbal – the other 90% is body language. Just ‘being there’ for her whether you say a word or not will mean the world to her. Another thing is this – even if your Fiance doesn’t go with you the first time, I think he’ll see that by you going you truly do care and it will encourage him to go. In fact, maybe it will make him feel less awkward about it too – it must be sad and strange for him to see his mother like this and just having you there for him will mean so much too, even if you don’t say a peep…
I will definitely keep her, you & your Fiance and the family in my prayers.
Post # 10
Sorry fo rthe delay ladies, and thank you so much for all of the words of encouragment. My Future Mother-In-Law has has her 2nd brain surgery yesterday and seems to be showing improvment. We still have a long road ahead of us, but as of now, it looks like she will still be a part of our wedding day! Off to the hospital we go, Thanks again everyone!