Post # 1
We’re choosing our menu and I need help with apps. I think I would like a selection of 6-8 different ones. There are so many I am having problems choosing! We only have 2 vegetarians (they eat fish though) attending so I would like at least 2 of the apps be veggie friendly.
Post # 3
@Penelopeee: They all sound great! I am a veggie too (but eat fish) and I am constantly attending events where there are NO veggie friendly dishes, so props to you for choosing something for the veggies too!
On a veggie perspective, the veg spring rolls would be great as non-veggies like those too!! Also the Tuna on wonton sounds amazing!
Post # 4
I’m not veg, but my favorites are honestly the springrolls and the samosas!!
Post # 5
They all sound good. The only two I was meh about was the goat cheese phyillo cup and the blue cheese fig tarlet because they seem lackluster compared to the rest of the options. Lots of exciting choice. I would probably do the the srping rolls or samosas for sure as a true veggie option.
Post # 6
These all sound great! I chose 5. Hope that helps!
Post # 7
vegetarians don’t eat fish. People who eat fish but not other meats = pescetarians. Fish = animal/meat. Vegetarian = don’t eat animals/meat. Drives me crazy when people are all “i’m a vegetarian but I eat fish”, lol.
They all sound good, but i’m iffy on the wild game meatballs. If you have 6-7 other options, though, and they are clearly labeled wild game, that shouldn’t be a big deal. I can see people being weird about the wild game option.
Post # 8
Well I’m not a vegetarian but I’m allergic to at least 4 of those. I’m allergic to fish and most seafood. Shellfish and fish are super common food allergies so you might want to keep that in mind and not go too seafood heavy.
Post # 9
Thank you for your suggestions! How many would you plan on per person? The cocktail hour is an hour and a half so I was thinking 6 but we’re serving a four course dinner after so is that too many?
Post # 10
@crayfish: THANK YOU! I hate when people say they are vegetarian but eat fish. It confuses people. The term pescetarian exists for a reason.
Post # 11
@Penelopeee: I was going to say 6, but I think fewer would be okay. Personally, I might eat 2 or 3 pieces (unless I came across something I really loved, LOL!) but I can imagine some guys might eat 5 or 6 or even more. Maybe 5 per person and then that would sort of even out?
Post # 12
I’ll tell you what I didn’t pick:
– spring rolls – they can often be soggy and gross
– beef satay – I’m allergic to peanuts so that sauce wouldn’t work for me
Stuff I did pick:
both the tuna and crab cakes so you’d have some seafood options
The scallop and bacon one because bacon 🙂
The fig and blue cheese tart (that combination of savory and sweet – yum)
The beet macaroon because that just sounds interesting, plus it’s a veg option
The sliders – most people like those
Post # 13
– crabcakes because they’re classy and classic. there’s a reason they got the most votes, [almost] everyone is always happy with them
– beet macaroons because that is so unique! they seem like the best veggie + cheese option to me, before i saw it i was a little dissapointed that you didn’t have a good fresh veggie option (not in fried or starch form like the spring rolls or samosa).
– wild game meatballs because again, meatballs are classic and i like that these have a twist to them. whatever you do, i would choose only one of your game/vension options.
– duck confit on potato because fancy and yum.
– smoked salmon on crepes because they sound nice and light and i’m russian so it begs for me to vote for it. i was between that and the tuna, either would be great.
i would NOT do the cheese in phyllo cup because that’s boring in comparison to everything else, and you have a bunch of spicy sounding options (the quesadillas, satay, jalapeno scallops) that anti-spicy people like me would stay away from