(Closed) For all the Bees who didn’t get a New Years proposal, I bring you VentFest 2012!

posted 6 years ago in Waiting
Post # 3
515 posts
Busy bee

(Early) Congratulations!

I’m already engaged, but hugs to those who are still waiting!

Post # 4
40 posts

Wasn’t expecting one, but it is making me a little bummed at the potential prospect of our 7th anniversary going by this year with no proposal. Not that I’m bummed about the being together 7 years part  – ๐Ÿ™‚

Anyway, despite the lack of proposal, I did get the liquid courage to ask Boyfriend or Best Friend ‘so, mr.lastname, do you plan on making me a mrs. lastname this year?’ which led to a good little discussion. I’ve very rarely bought it up. I think it was progressive/useful.

Post # 5
153 posts
Blushing bee

knew it wasn’t coming on NYE (he had to work)… but I’m still kind of bummed cause now all the holiday excitement is gone.

i don’t think my bf would propose on a special occasion anyway, but it would have been fun to be showing off the ring/celebrating while all the family was together at christmas…

and now its just kind of that blahhh time of year. and all he’ll say is “i won’t make you wait too long”… i mean, what the hell does that mean?!?!

Post # 6
31 posts
  • Wedding: April 2013

Count me in as part of the disappointed group. Wasn’t really expecting one but all hope was killed when my SO passed out before 10. I was more than a little upset at not even getting a new years kiss. 

Post # 7
5371 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2014 - Ontario, Canada โ™ฅ EDD- April 2016

I wasn’t expecting one, and didn’t get one, but that’s alright because we still had a great NYE and in the moment I completely forgot about a proposal haha.

Post # 8
1737 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

@Moto: I laughed out loud at “liquid courage,” haha. I’m glad it led to a productive conversation!

SO had to work last night, so I wasn’t expecting a NYE proposal. But, I’m not feeling very venty. We have a timeline. My proposal is coming sometime between now and May 22. And he let slip that it will only be a few months, so I’m thinking by March, and I have a sneaking suspicion he’s going to do it on February 29. It’s the sort of thing he’d think is unique, which is very important to him in regards to our engagement.

Good luck to everyone waiting in 2012!

Post # 9
53 posts
Worker bee

I wasn’t expecting a NYE proposal,but while there’s a good vent thread, I might as well mention a few midly irritating/ slightly sad things that occured over the holidays. 

-being introduced as his ‘friend.’ Now, there’s nothing really wrong with this, and I really hate the word ‘girlfriend’ (it has started to sound like gHUUUURRRRRLfriend to me.) BUT I think I’m just a *little* more than a friend. :/

-His dad still has a picture of him and an ex-girlfriend hanging right where I have to see it everytime I walk by. There’s none of us in the house. We’ve been together for over two years, and spent lots of time there. 

-There’s a lot of unfortunate things happening in his family right now- marriages falling apart, divorces happening that no one saw coming. Even though he told me looking forward to our future gives him hope, and he doesn’t think ‘that’ will be us, I can’t blame him if it’s dampened his enthusiasm. 

NYE was fun, but hearing about everything happening in his family was upsetting- I just feel bad about what some of them are having to go through. They’re an extraordinary lot of people. 

However, on the bright side, WE LOOKED AT RINGS!!! It happened by accident- we stopped into a jewelry store that I didn’t know was a jewelry store (they had a big collection of antiques), and I tried to make a point of not looking at the engagement rings. The gal in the store kept giving me this knowing grin, and I wanted to tell her to knock it off! Haha.

He asked me if I saw anything I liked, to which I sheepishly replied ‘no.’ Then he kind of nudged me about it- told me that if we’re thinking about what ‘we’ve been thinking about,’ maybe I should tell him what kind of ring I might like. I must have turned eight shades of red. I directed him to this stunning bezel set diamond with little diamonds on either side. I think it’s too much to hope that he went back and got it, but at least I know he wants to get me a ring, and I managed to show him what style I like. 

Another little positive thing was when his mom handed him a section of the newspaper on wedding venues in the area. She was showing him a place that they’d been before for something, but it got us talking. 

So, no proposal, none coming anytime soon most likely, but a pretty good NYE nonetheless. 

Post # 10
971 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I am freshly off the waiting list. But this time last year I was in a really bad place with my waiting.

completely heartbroken unsure what to do next…

This was my post a year ago today. My how things have changed =D

I hope no one if feeling this bad but if you are know that things get better =]

Post # 11
3969 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

The month of December was full of being upset, but I finally got a timeline and I think both SO and I are FINALLY on the same page. I was so nervous it wasnt’ going to happen. So I should be expecting it by October, but since we’re long distance, it could onyl really happen during certain visits, so hopefully I don’t get my hopes up when we have visits! I’m thinking it wouldn’t be until August at the earliest…

Post # 12
288 posts
Helper bee

I don’t need to vent, but I have good news! We had an awesome new years last night, and he’s being so incredibly sweet lately! I’m soaking this all in! I couldn’t wait until the new year because I was expecting a December 2012 proposal. Now he’s bringing up engagement and wedding convos a lot more, and he told me he has a couple specific days he would do it on! I’m so excited! He even said “I could do it in May” which means I doubt I’ll be waiting until December! Bring it on 2012! I’m SO ready for our future to begin! I’m good to wait until it happens, and I’m definitely going to enjoy him being doubly kind! =) Happy Waiting bees!

Post # 13
1326 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

Deep down I knew I wasn’t going to get a NYE proposal, but a girl can always hope ๐Ÿ˜‰

My SO is the type not to have all eyes on him. We were surronded with friends and family over the holidays including NYE, so I knew a public proposal like that just wasn’t an option. 

2012 is my year for engagement, and hopefully 2013 my wedding year. I wish I could read his mind though………. what is he waiting for??!?!? I swear he gets something out of torturing me…. lol.

Happy 2012 Bee’s!!!

Post # 14
701 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

I didn’t get one either, but I actually didn’t feel that dissapointed (but I did after Christmas). We hung out with two of our friends and discussed engagement ring styles and stuff and how their ring shopping experience went so it was on the mind, but not in a bad way

Post # 15
73 posts
Worker bee

I didn’t either and I knew I wouldn’t.

However, we did go out earlier this week to the Diamond District to look at settings just to confirm that what I envisioned in my head was what I actually wanted. 

It was a little bitter sweet for me because I was really hoping and wishing that 2011 would finish up with a bang. When I saw all of the posts after Christmas proposals I couldn’t help but feel really sad.

Someone in my family (not very close) was proposed to before 1 year of knowing each other and they were married 6 months later. 7 months later she’s waiting for the birth of their baby!….Eventhough I feel like that timeline was just too fast for my comfort level, I can’t help but feel bad that it is taking so long for us. We’ve been together for a little over 5 years and we’ve been living together for over 2 years.

Waiting really sucks. How do some girls get everything to happen so quickly and some of us have to wait sooo long? it hurts.

Post # 16
667 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

Hugs to all you waiting ladies. I was waiting up until three weeks ago and it sucked at times but it is totally worth it in the end. We’ve been together 7 years so trust me, I know all about the antsy/anxious feelings.  I was here last year still unengaged and pretty disappointed but being here helped me a lot over the year. Hang in there and it will happen soon ๐Ÿ™‚

The topic ‘For all the Bees who didn’t get a New Years proposal, I bring you VentFest 2012!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors