Post # 1
And if you have a reasoning behind it!
My biggest fear is of course, dying..but that branches off into me being scared of falling ill during pregnancy or labor.
My phobias are:
- Exhaust Fumes – I have no idea why, I have found myself holding my breath walking behind running vehicles, I move my car in ways that I avoid sitting at a light or stop next to an exhaust pipe angled at my open car window. I tense up when there is a car burning oil and the fumes are intense or from a large 18-wheeler.
- HIGH elevations/altitude..I – don’t like the thought of the air pressure decreasing (causing less oxygen than at sea level) i’m not afraid of heights…so this makes me such fun on planes..and driving up mountains…I become debilitated and short of breath, dizzy etc..
- Manual Blood Pressure monitors…a trip at the OBGYN 3 years ago during a panic attack I had a reading of 144/110…I was mid-panic mode but didn’t tell them I was anxious…I felt fine besides normal anxiety….the nurse started asking if I was having nose bleeds, seeing double, or having crazy headaches and what I last ate. (saying these things to someone with health anxiety will trigger a lot!!!!) Fast forward, I have normal BP just high at the doctors from now on and I have panic attacks in waiting rooms!
Post # 3
I have a fear of balloons. I don’t like sudden loud noises, and I’m always worried that balloons will pop at any second and cause me to jump in fear. I try to keep a wide berth between myself and any balloons at birthday parties.
Post # 5
Being trapped in an elevator with a clown. Seriously. // And, spiders…hate ’em!
Post # 6
I am scared of revolving doors – like absolutely hate them
Post # 7
bugs (mostly spiders and bees) and oscillating fans… both equally.
Post # 8
Falling down stairs. Earthworms. Bugs that sting/bite.
Post # 9
Fish, birds, being in an enclosed space, and crowds of people
Post # 10
@vorpalette: hehe earthworms! Sorry…but why? Just that they are big and slimey?
Post # 11
@BellaDee: These are not weird, they are entirely normal:
- Birds *shudder* Anything that can peck my eyes out and get caught in my hair is not good in my books
- Flying. Well, crashing
- Someone stealing my furbaby
- Insects are creepy, gross, and small enough to end up in my mouth while I sleep
- Revolving doors because you can get stuck
- Rabbits because they bite me
- Elevators because you can get stuck
- Home invasions
Okay, I’m starting to sound a little neurotic. I will stop, lol.
Post # 12
I have an irrational fear of spiders – I hate them and can’t go near them or kill them. Gross.
I also have a weird fear of going under anesthesia for an operation and never waking up again.
Post # 13
Daddy long legs spiders, styrofoam and mechanical/plastic sharks. The last one is a result from being traumatized by the Jaws ride at Universal Studios when I was six. I seriously freak out if we go to a seafood restaurant that has plastic sharks lol
Post # 14
Elevators and the fear of a snake being in the toilet and biting my goodies while I’m peeing.
Post # 15
@MrsPanda99: are you like literally deathly afraid and will panic at the chance of any of these? or are you just scared??
Post # 16
@mnp: trapped in an elevator with a clown? LOL.
I am afraid of open water. I’m a very good swimmer, grew up on boats, have been on 10+ cruises, but I do not like open water. What I mean is that I would never want to be in the middle of the ocean on a boat, ship, anything. Ever. I just feel so insignificant and like anything could happen at any moment. It makes me super nervous. Cruises I’m fine with because you’re not that far from the coast, unless you’re doing a trans-atlantic or something like that.
I don’t like bugs either, but I don’t know that I’d consider it a phobia. My stepfather has a phobia and is deathly afraid of spiders. This man was a special forces green beret, but no spiders. There was once a big spider in our basement and he shot it. Yes, with a gun. There was a hole in the wall that my mother flipped out about. Now that is a phobia!