(Closed) for xyron fanatics…510? 910?

posted 10 years ago in DIY
Post # 3
18 posts
Newbee

Hi, Puffykins!

I have the larger Xyron and I would not trade it for the world! I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! I actually find myself wishing I had an even larger machine–the 9 inch is wonderful because you can fit an entire sheet of paper in it without trimming first. Plus with the larger machine you can get the laminating cartridge, which has come in very handy to my surprise, or the magnet cartridge. 

Just a tip–I try to trim after I run my pieces through the Xyron so the edges are not sticky. You can rub the edges to reduce this, but I am rather…lazy so I just trim last. 🙂   

My Xyron was one of the best purchases I have ever made–I use it for so many things. Have fun with yours! 

Post # 4
2030 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: December 1969

I have the Xyron 510, which accomodates up to 5" wide materials. Mine was a gift from a friend so I had no choice over which I got, but I have used mine for many wedding crafts and have not needed anything larger. I used mine for invitation panels and some signage. Honestly I can’t think of anything I would make where I would need a larger one. Maybe try to think about what you’ll use yours for, and see if that will help you decide?

Post # 5
497 posts
Helper bee

I have the 910 and highly recommend it.  I try to plan my projects out so that I use all the space of the 910 if I can.  For instance, my invite cards (that were mounted on the actual invite) were 5.5×5.5.  I was able to put the rsvp card along the side and have that get adhesive as well; eliminating the waste.

Also, if you run your fingernail along the edge of whatever you just put through the Xyron, there is considerably less gummy stuff.  But you literally have to use a fingernail, not a scorer or even a knife…a fingernail…I guess because it is so thin?  Not sure, but I figure any bit of advice helps, right?

The topic ‘for xyron fanatics…510? 910?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors