Post # 1
I’m 8 days out. I have had so, SO many things go wrong with my wedding. Two vendors pulled out at the last minute without explanation (DOC and florist), half of our guests aren’t coming, and now there is a 60% chance of rain. I had the music planned perfectly for the outdoor ceremony, the photos were supposed to be beautiful with foliage in the background. We were getting married under a big oak tree with a reception in a barn. Now we have to get married in the barn and jam guests in there. I guess it won’t matter since practically no one is coming anyway.
I’m sitting here crying as I write this. I just wanted this ONE thing to go right. I thought since it rained on this day last year we would get lucky and it wouldn’t. Of course, the day before the wedding is going to be sunny and beautiful. And our wedding day is going to be dreary, cold, and miserable. I’m so angry that I likely won’t get the one thing I was hoping for at this point. I can’t deal with this anymore!
Post # 2
- Wedding: February 2015 - Chapel on Base
I’m so sorry. I wish I could make things better for you. Hopefully Mother Nature will decide to be her finicky self and change her mind about the rain.
Post # 3
Don’t always trust the weather forecast…esp this far out! I drove myself crazy as i had a beach destination wedding and it rains EVERYDAY in Jamaica. Even the day before my wedding they asked if i would move my ceremony up to an earlier time bc my wedding time (3pm) was the time it usually rains…and guess what?? NO RAIN! I even did photos til 7pm at night and it didnt rain! Also, this past weekend i had an 80% chance on rain on a weekend trip we paid a LOT of money for…and it was all outside activities. Guess what?? The day it said 20% chance it did rain and the day it said 80% it didn’t!
Take a deep breath. The most important part is the fact you are marrying your husband! Also, just make sure you have a plan B in case it rains…maybe you can hold off the ceremony a bit till it ends, or have a tent for cover!
Post # 4
newcitylights: I’m sorry, please don’t feel so sad!. I know how you feel because I have a primarily outdoor venue and we’re getting married in March, in the UK so there’s a high chance it will rain and at 1st that really worried me but I’m really ok with it now if it does.
Firstly weather forecasts this far out are pretty meaningless, even the day before they can be wrong. Secondly even if it does rain on the day doesn’t mean it will rain all day, I woke up this morning to torrential rain, by 2pm it was lovely and sunny. Lastly even if it does rain all day wet weddings can be beautiful, honestly. I’ve looked at lots of pictures to make myself feel better about it and some of the best wedding shots I’ve seen are in the rain, if you have big trees you could get some great shots with the foliage just sheltered under them. At the end of the day you’re marrying the man you love, if you manage to do that the days a raging success in my book. Good Luck!
Post # 5
newcitylights: I was also compulsively checking the weather 2 weeks out, and it changed sooo much! Even up until the day before the wedding. It will be okay! This is out of your control, so just invest your time in a backup plan! Our 7 day forecast showed storms the whole day… The day of it was beautiful and sunny and a little cold but that was fine! Even 2 days prior it said rain. So don’t get discouraged yet! <3 I regret wasting so much time the week of the wedding stressed over the weather, I wish I had been embracing the whole thing.
Post # 6
Although I am sure that all of us would rather have a sunny day too, it simply isn’t worth the emotional toll that you are letting something like the weather, take on you. I used to be an incredible worry wart, until I realized that sitting there worrying or feeling sorry for myself wasn’t accomplishing a single thing.
As the pp’s have said, weather forecasts are notoriousy unrelaiable 8 days out. You can also have some stunning photographs on a rainy day.
Turn your energy towards gathering up some beautiful umbrellas. The more prepared you are, the less likely to need them.
Post # 7
I have been checking the weather for over a week for a picnic tomorrow and the forecast changed almost every day. I’m sorry things aren’t going as planned but at this point I don’t think you should be counting on the rain and getting upset about it. I don’t trust an 8 day forecast at all.
Post # 8
newcitylights: Don’t worry yet! I checked mine multiple times a day as soon as my date was on a forecast and my chances of rain were everywhere from 10%-80%. My wedding day was perfectly sunny with just a few fluffy white clouds in the sky. And if it does rain, google pictures for rainy weddings like some of the ones that julies1949 posted.
Post # 9
I loooove how photos in the rain turn out! It’s not the end of the world if it rains. It was threatening to rain on our wedding day (it ended up not raining but it looked like it could’ve at any moment), it was cold, windy and overcast. I was prepared, had bought umbrellas for us and the wedding party. Just be prepared for it, there’s nothing you can do to change it. By the time our wedding day rolled around I was so happy on the day of that I honestly did not care if it rained. Just try to roll with the punches, it’s out of your control.
Post # 10
I’m so sorry you’re having such bad luck planning your wedding!
So how about you turn your facts around and look at them from the bright side? Let’s see:
– 60% chance of rain = 40% chance of dry, lovely weather. And even if it does rain: ding ding ding ding, you’re in for some money, honey! Traditionally, rain on a couple’s wedding day means they will have lots of money 🙂 Oh, and have you googled “rain” and “wedding” together? Gorgeous photos!
– Not all of your guests are coming? More cake for you! 😀 Joke aside, you’ll spend less time welcoming everybody so you can actually enjoy your wedding, and the barn won’t be overcrosded. It’s perfect, really.
– Your vendors pulled out at hte last minute? Good, that means they were not reliable and would probably mess something up on the day of your wedding as well. Your new ones are probably much better!
Oh, and YOU’RE GETTING MARRIED! WOOHOO! 😀 Chin up, it will be a great day, I’m sure 🙂