(Closed) Found it! Venus 7914 is the one for me!

posted 8 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
605 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

Nice choice! Congrats. There aren’t many Venus brides on this site. They make great dresses though, don’t they? Here’s another thread re: Venus.

Any Venus Bridals 846033 Francesca brides?

Post # 5
3788 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

I am sorry that you are so upset about this; I would be annoyed, too. But I don’t think it’s going to ruin your wedding. That is the kind of small detail that stands out to a bride but hardly anyone else will notice. You will be stunning no matter which shade of silver they use. Also, I just have to ask, why didn’t you check on the available colors before you paid the deposit?

Post # 6
605 posts
Busy bee

@Tiffanyblue: I understand the frustration of finally finding your dream dress only to discover that you can’t have it exactly the way you want it. However, I’m going to agree with Amaryllis that you are probably the only person who will notice that the embroidery on your gown is a yellowish silver rather than a grayish silver. I can’t imagine this means you’ll have to change your entire color scheme and all other wedding party outfits.

Wedding planning is a marathon. Disappointments can (and do and will!) occur, so it’s important to keep perspective and not get too upset over stuff. Your wedding is six months from tomorrow (!) 🙂 so take some deep breaths and hang in there or you will be a nervous wreck by the time 10/23 rolls around.

Good luck! -JB

Post # 8
1051 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2010

I guess I don’t understand why you gave a deposit if you weren’t sure the dress came in the colors you wanted/needed?

Post # 10
605 posts
Busy bee

@Tiffanyblue: Thanks for the reply. It’s unfortunate that you were misled about color by the salesperson and made the deposit before you learned the truth. Lots of these people work on commission and REALLY want to make the sale. It sounds like this one hurried you into it without providing all the facts. It’s also weird that the factory wouldn’t accommodate a pretty simple special order.

I hope that you still love your pretty dress when it arrives. And at least you’ve got time to adjust other dress choices in the meantime. In the end, I’m sure you’ll be a beautiful bride with an (almost) perfect wedding. And six months + 2 days from now, you’ll be MARRIED and ON YOUR HONEYMOON! Woo!

The topic ‘Found it! Venus 7914 is the one for me!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors