(Closed) Four months from today!! 5/14/11

posted 7 years ago in May 2011
Post # 3
24 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2011

I feel the same way! just making it through this last semester for our wedding and week long cruise vacation! I realized today was exactly 4 months and I about flipped. I have been waiting 11 months now and 4 seems so close! I’m so excited. I have most of the major things finished. just working on these few extra pounds and school of course lol.

Post # 4
166 posts
Blushing bee

I can’t beleive it’ 4 months!

I feel like I have a lot to do still but it’s all little stuff like toasting flutes, cake knife, place cards, etc

My real main focus is saving like crazy! Every dime counts at this point!

Post # 5
27 posts
Newbee

Haha…I hear you completely!! I started making coffee at home instead of buying it out every morning (first thing I’m doing after the wedding is buying a HUGE cup of coffee!)…LOL! We aren’t in dire straights at all, but I feel the same way – I’m trying to cut corners where I can and am noticing how small things add up. After all,that’s almost $50 a month!

We are doing ok and are feeling good about plans. All of the “bigger” things are done. The big things we have left are to meet with our priest (this week)…and we need to finalize invites – but then a lot of it is just waiting to get RSVP cards back. The only other stumbling block is that we’re still not sure what to do about wedding favors. We may just make a donation in our guests honor – because I can’t find anything I like! ๐Ÿ™

Hope you’re all doing well and staying as stress free as possible!! ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 6
179 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

I’m so happy we’re finally getting close!

We are still looking at videographers, and I hope I can find one but that’s not a major “want” for me. We picked out our invites, but we still have to take them to a printer and start collecting all of the addresses (yikes!)

Other than that, I think it’s the small things – taste test at our venue, choose favors, hair trial etc.

Oh, and save save save. And lose weight. I bought my dress last June, and my pants that fit well in June are preeeeetty snug right now, so I’ve actually been eating around 1200-1400 calories a day for the past two weeks. I’ve lost 7 lbs since I started doing that and working out, and I’d like to lose 20 more before my first fitting. We’ll see!

Post # 7
1110 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2009

when is everone passing out invitations?!

Post # 8
27 posts
Newbee

I think the standard is to get them in the mail 6 weeks before so you can get them back at least 2 weeks before – but I am aiming at getting them out 8 weeks before…we’ll see! ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 9
478 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

We’re nearing 3 months now – how is everyone doing?

We have checked off: ceremony and reception sites, dress, shoes, veil, jewelry, bridesmaids dresses, tuxes, flowers, photographer, DJ, invites chosen, pre-Cana classes completed, priest finalized, bagpiper booked, honeymoon booked, wedding website finished

We still need: taste test for reception (tomorrow at lunch!); alterations (which is why I’m on a diet); blank invitations printed, assembled and sent (so stressful!); music selections finalized; lingerie before my dress fitting; wedding bells for guests to ring as we leave the church and when they want us to kiss at the reception; favors; registries finalized

I know there are a million other little things, but the big stuff is taken care of (other than the marriage certificate, which we obviously can’t get yet). So exciting!

The topic ‘Four months from today!! 5/14/11’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors