(Closed) FSIL is pregnant & due near wedding!

posted 10 years ago in Family
Post # 3
102 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2008

I feel you on two different levels, actually. 

First, one of my FSILs recently had the first grandchild after having multiple miscarriages, and it was, needless to say it was a huge deal for the family.  It’s a huge blessing.

Also, one of my best friends, who I was considering asking to be a bridesmaid, now can’t attend the wedding because she’s pregnant and due the day after the wedding. boo.

That combination is crazy, though.  It’ll be stressful, but happy!  Maybe the baby will have their first birthday on your anniversary (not that I’m wishing that kind of craziness on you.  🙂

Post # 4
38 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2007

My FSIL had their first baby 4 days before our wedding.  She is a fsil because my brother and she were already engaged when they found out they were pregnant (obviously, so was I – engaged I mean). And first grandchild on both sides.

So I really understand your vent – it put a lot of stress on all of us (new, first time aunt, my parents, my brother, everyone!) and their due date was the day of my wedding.  They talked to the doctor and asked if they thought it was coming if they could induce early – so that at least my brother could come to the wedding and be MY best man. I know that I waivered between absolutely thrilled to have a niece and frustrated at the timing – but it did all work out in the end – my mom made her a tiny, tiny little flower girl dress to match the other girls and she, her mom, and my brother all walked down the aisle together.

If you can take any of the stress away from your FIL’s – like a lower key rehearsal – maybe somewhere that all you have to do is order and show up – instead of DIY – then perhaps it could still be their event and be less work.  Also, I saw some great pictures on the knot of a couple all dressed up in their wedding finery going to the hospital to visit a newborn – they were very cool pictures and the couple got to see the baby and the parents the day of the wedding.

Mostly – GOOD LUCK!  It will all work out in the end – it is very much like the labor process in that this is the stressful part and then when the baby is here, everyone relaxes and all is forgiven.     

Post # 5
196 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2008 - Hotel on the westside of Los Angeles

I can defintely relate. In the last week, 3 couples (all related to us and all really close to us) have announced their pregnancies and all are due within a week of our wedding. I’m SO excited and happy for all of them, but a little bummed because it’s unlikely any of them will be able to make it. It’s hard to imagine the wedding without them, but it’s also kind of thrilling to imagine all those happy events (wedding + babies!) happening around the same time. It’s going to be such a joyous time!

Post # 6
55 posts
Worker bee

oh, wow!  exactly the same boat, here – except it’s my fiance’s brother’s new wife *who he met three months ago* and none of the family is happy, least of all my fiance.  they’re due the week of our wedding, and i’m hoping with all my might that she goes into labor early so FI’s brother can still be the best man.  it’s really stressful on all counts.  unfortunately, their pregnancy (and marriage, for that matter) isn’t looked by the family at as a blessing, but a mistake.   

…anyway.  i’m glad your situation is better – at least you’re happy for the couple, even if the timing sucks.  🙂 

Post # 7
1 posts
Wannabee

I’m also glad your situation is better than mine.

FH and I had 15 days of excitement over being newly engaged, then we found out my 18-year-old sister is pregnant. Now it’s hard to consider wedding plans at all.

Post # 8
1458 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2008

Well here’s a tip – first baby normally equals being overdue 🙂 It might mean that she’s still not there because she’s not feeling well or up to it, but I think that given the circumstances you’ll have to make the best out of it.

I think outting a note in the program that says she is still "a bridesmaid" would be sweet, but saying that she can’t participate due to being only days awa from having the baby. My friend did this with a member of her party, who coulnd’t participate because he was diagnosed with a sever form of cancer before the wedding and was going through kemo.

Post # 9
28 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2012

OMG… EXACTLY the same boat as you. I have 7 bm’s and 3 pregnant ones and now FSIL announces they are due right around the wedding. I am happy for them… but at first I did have a mini meltdown (in my head quietly of course)

The topic ‘FSIL is pregnant & due near wedding!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors