Post # 1
So we have all been talking about how things have been dramatic for a while. How about a fun post to get everyone in a positive mood?! I so hope Spring is coming soon… but meanwhile let’s give some encouragement. (I really want to complain about my bad day, but I will resist for the sake of this FUN post!)
What are some things that you are enjoying about planning your wedding? Also, why do you love Weddingbee?
I’ll go first:
1) I am EXTREMELY excited that my venue plans a lot of things for me… so I don’t have to. That in itself is my “enjoyment” of “planning”!
2) I love Weddingbee because it puts possible wedding problems in my radar. (I am such a bad planner that I would never think about starting my reception too late… but it’s such a good thing to think about!) I also love it because it gives me something to do when it is really really dull at work!
Now YOU go 🙂
Post # 3
Yay! Great idea!
1. I am so grateful for our wedding planner! She has referred us to the most incredible vendors and it’s fantastic working with people who are genuinely excited about our ideas.
2. I love that my dress was way too big on me at the first fitting. It was a nice reminder of how much weight I’ve lost since I ordered it.
3. I love that my dress fit like a glove at the second fitting.
4. I am super happy that WB exists and provides us with somewhere to vent, ask questions, and share all sorts of things, big and small, about our weddings that would totally bore our friends 😛
Post # 4
@linguo42: Haha I love the thing about your dress (before and after). I hope I have the same experience. And yes… my friends would totally be bored if I talked about MOST of the stuff on Weddingbee. 🙂 🙂
Post # 5
@kperry3: I share your sentiments. I’m not engaged yet, so no planning for me so far, but this site has offered innumberable eye openers to things that I would very easily have let fall through the cracks.
@linguo42: And I second the joy of having a website that I can vent and indulge in my wedding dress/rings guilty pleasures while the SO spends hours on his car forums!
Here’s my good news!
Okay… so this isn’t wedding related, but these are things that I am very grateful of and make me really happy!
1) My best friend since the 4th grade’s husband got approved orders to be stationed at Quantico, which is 20 minutes from me! She’ll be moving here from WI in July! (I should mention I’m from WI, and have been living in VA for 8 years, so I will be more than THRILLED to have an OG friend living minutes up the road!)
2) My best friend since HS’s university that she works at just added new night school bachelor’s programs, and now she finally will have her dream job and her dream program at her dream school! So happy for her!
3) My SO’s cousin received full custody of his 2 year old son yesterday when he went to mediation and told the mother that if she didn’t agree, he would take her to court. This has been a terrible battle for the family, so a wonderful win for him 🙂
Post # 6
- Wedding: May 2011 - Bartram's Garden
I love seeing such a positive thread!
1. I’m enjoying getting to be creative when putting together some details of the wedding (i.e. invitations, tablescapes, hairpieces, etc.)
2. I love Weddingbee because it’s an amazing wedding resource and I’ve met some fascinating people here.
Post # 7
@sleepingbeauty88: Oh wow, I am so so happy to see your cousin got custody of his son! It’s not something you see that often within the court system. I’m a Social Worker so this is a YAY for me 🙂 So great!
@sloth: Amen on fascinating people here at weddingbee. Gotta love it!
Thanks for joining!!!