(Closed) Fusing Wedding Band & Engagment Ring Together?

posted 8 years ago in Rings
  • poll: What are your thoughts on fusing engagement ring and wedding band?
    I did it and I love it : (4 votes)
    8 %
    I did it and regret it : (0 votes)
    I am planning on doing it : (17 votes)
    33 %
    I will not be doing it : (27 votes)
    52 %
    Hadn't really thought about it : (4 votes)
    8 %
  • Post # 3
    573 posts
    Busy bee

My grandmother gave me her wedding set to get married with and hers was fused together. She said she did it because she was so paranoid that she was going to lose one of them.

In the end I think it’s a good idea.

Post # 4
    2205 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: June 2009

I had the same problem and for that reason I’m getting my rings soldered together over christmas break.  I wasn’t planning on it, because I occasionally like to wear only my band if I’m doing something dirty or dangerous.

I think the colution for me to get another band to wear occasionally 🙂

Maybe I can convince hubby for a wedding or anniversary present.

Post # 5
    3125 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: December 2009

depends on the ring! my e ring looked best with the diamonds going around both sides, so we got an eternity diamond ring.  if we didn’t, it would have looked a little odd if the rings weren’t lined up the right way.  If the ring can handle it, sure.  Mine would look crazy.

Post # 6
    Hostess
    18646 posts
    Honey Beekeeper

I have mine attached to eachother.  I understand if people don’t want to wear their engagement ring all the time but I like wearing all my diamonds at once!

Post # 7
    1220 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: November 2009

A lot of times people have to do it b/c if you don’t the prongs can get loose by the scraping that the rings do to each other.

Post # 8
    681 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: March 2018

I am pretty sure that I will leave them separate so that I can just wear the band sometimes. My engagement ring is set high, so I am always afraid that I am going to knock it around. That being said, I like the idea of having the two sit right there together.

Post # 9
    436 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: December 2009

My ring band doesn’t have diamonds all the way around so I had mine soldered to have the rings perfectly lined up.  I also read that if you don’t have them soldered, the rings wear on each other.  I’m happy I got mine put together.

Post # 10
    1570 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: March 1996

I think it’s a matter of personal taste. If you are excited about it, then do it! That’s great that they’ll do it for free. I don’t want to do that with mine because I love the little bit of space there will be between the two rings, and also I can imagine many times when I’ll want to wear the wedding band alone, for a simple and beautiful look that I won’t have to worry about as much if we’re doing something active, or dirty, or dangerous (international travel is a good reason to worry about carrying around something worth multiple thousands of dollars on your hand.)

Post # 11
    1363 posts
    Bumble bee

I want to be able to wear just my wedding band if I choose to in the future, so it’s not for me.

Post # 12
    1037 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: May 2010 - Carlouel Yacht Club

I personally would like to keep them separate. That, and my ring designer would probably not ever do that for me…

Post # 13
    626 posts
    Busy bee

Ive considered soldering mine together for your exact same reason.  I haven’t done it though beccause I like being able to wear just my wedding band sometimes.  I actually left my wedding band a size too big. My E-ring holds it on and when my finger swells I can just take my E-ring off and my wedding ring still fits.  That was especially helpful when I was pregnant.  Also, I plan on upgrading my wedding band someday (to a wrap) and not soldering will make that easier. 

I just wish there was a less permanant way to keep them from going all crooked!

Post # 14
    239 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: May 2011

My ring is part of a set, so the engagement ring and wedding band actually snap together – the jeweler showed me when we went in to get it sized. So I won’t need to do anything to them. My mom had her rings fused together I think, but it wasn’t something that ever really crossed my mind for mine (even before I saw them together).

Post # 15
    1385 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: July 2010

My mom doesn’t have them soddered together, but when I found out about the idea I was very happy. I’ll definitely be doing this just to save my finger from chaffing (they seem to rub together oddly). :o)

Post # 16
    343 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: August 2010

It’s not for me because I know I’ll want to wear just the simple band sometimes. I do think it’s pretty cool when people do it! I love that people do a variety of things with their wedding & engagement rings… it’s so fun to check everybody out! 🙂

The topic ‘Fusing Wedding Band & Engagment Ring Together?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors