- 4 years ago
- Wedding: July 2014
Hey bees! Not sure if anyone can give any more ideas, but this is what I am doing so far. Background, my FI’s parents are both deaf, and we also have six other couples who are deaf coming to the wedding.
– We will have his Dad there to meet and greet everyone.
– For the ceremony, we have an interpreter there so they can share in our vows and ceremony.
– I’m printing programs as well, which I wouldn’t have done otherwise, with the text of our readings included.
– For dinner, we have printed menus on each place setting. The passed appetizers will have a card on each plate as to what it is (FI said they missed this at his brothers wedding, and his parents didn’t know what they were eating, opps!)
– Dances, his mom is picking the song she wants to dance with him to (she was hearing until she was a teenager, and still remembers the Beatles, so I think she wants a Beatles song)
– We decided no speeches, just a quick toast, and my Fiance will sign it for them.
Im just thinking of any other details?