- 6 years ago
- Wedding: September 2010
It’s October, which means it’s time for the next round of Game On! Who wants in?
Two teams, four weeks… let’s do it!
The winners are determined by points accumulated, not by weight loss, so anyone can play, regardless of your current fitness level or weight loss goals! It’s about getting healthy!
here’s the score sheet: http://www.bridgecityfitness.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/game-on-diet-score-sheet.pdf so you can keep track of your progress.
The Game On! Challenge
You can earn a maximum of 100 points a day for doing the following:
1) Eating 5 balanced meals a day, every 2-4 hours — 6 points per meal
2) Exercising for at least 20 minutes a day — 20 points
3) Sleeping for a minimum of 7 hours per night — 15 points
4) Drinking 3 liters of water a day — 10 points
5) Adopting a healthy new habit that you practice every day — 10 points
6) Dropping one unhealthy habit — 10 points
7) Communicating with your team members every day — 5 points
You earn penalties (points lost!) for:
1) stepping on the scale more than once a day (minus 1 point per penalty)
2) unsanctioned snacking (you can have as much celery and cucumber as you want throughout the day, plus 100 free calories of whatever once a day, no other snacking) (minus 10 points per penalty)
3) Colluding with the opposing team to get them to break a rule (minus 20 points per penalty)
4) Drinking alcohol (see exception below) (minues 25 points per penalty)
5) changing the healthy or unhealthy habit during the course of the game (you have to pick those and stick to them). (minus 50 points)
It’s not about total deprivation as you get:
1) One day off a week, when you don’t have to follow any of the rules
2) One meal off a week when you can eat what you want and have one unit of alcohol
3) each day you can have 100 calories of anything as a bonus treat
…more info/FAQ’s at http://www.thegameondiet.com