Post # 1
So it’s October 2nd and my wedding is now 11 days away. I find myself having funny thoughts and doing silly things so I thought I would post a few of these thoughts and anyone else in my boat (or maybe you wanna share some from the weeks leading up to your marriage)…so join in because I need a laugh and I need to blow off steam!
YOU KNOW YOU’RE ABOUT TO GET MARRIED IF/WHEN:
– You pace the aisles at Michaels and in a panic leave the store, forgetting your bag at the register.
– You pray that it rains like hell so that you can skip your daughter’s soccer practice and instead assemble programs.
– You find yourself up until the wee hours of a Saturday night and you’re crafting instead of partying.
– EVERYONE asks you if you are OK because they say you look REALLY exhausted. LOL (or like my son said – “Mom, you look discouraged”)
– You get NOTHING done at work because your mental checklist is so daunting!
Okay, those are just a few off the top of my head…
Post # 3
You can’t sit still because you have so much to do. Your FI looks at you and tells you to calm down. My mind races! I barely sleep. Calm down?! I still have to work, clean, and finish it all up.
Post # 4
Well lets see, I know I’m getting married in three and a half weeks because my house looks like a craft store, I have fifteen documents up on my screen as I work on lists (timeline, to do, budget, must have photos, honeymoon packing), I’m getting anxious about getting stuff ready for the honeymoon, and probably most of all: I keep getting frustrated with the FI!
I swear, he’s just pretending like the wedding isnt’ happening and it’s all I can think/talk about. I’m so jealous he’s so calm and relaxed with NO responsibility!
Oh and I’m starting to buy all the things that I kept saying ‘oh I’ll get that closer to the wedding.’ Now it’s more like ‘I better get that because I won’t have time before the wedding.’
Post # 6
@LittleRiver: +5,000! I’ve had to resort to melatonin!
Post # 7
@Mrs.C.to.bee: Oh, me too. Me too. But I think even melatonin has stopped working for me!