(Closed) Garter Removal/Toss & Cake Cutting Songs

posted 7 years ago in Music
Post # 3
371 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

We are using The song Sweetness by Jimmy Eats World for our cake cutting song lol, nothing too exciting

Post # 4
9057 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2010

That’s hillarious.. I asked my FI about cake cutting songs too, and he suggested “Cuts like a knife” by Bryan Adams as well as the same song your FI suggested.

We’re going to go with “When I’m 64” for the cake cutting, and “Bad Boys” (yes, the theme from COPS, since he is a police officer) for the garter toss.  And, you didn’t ask, but we’re using “Can’t hurry love” for the bouquet toss 🙂

Post # 5
2562 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

These are the songs I think we are using:

Garter removal/toss:

You can leave your hat on by Joe Cocker

Bouquet toss:

Girls by the Beastie Boys

Cake cutting:

Ma Na Ma Na by the Muppets

Post # 6
3098 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2009

We used “Bad Things” by Jace Everett (the True Blood theme song) for the garter toss (people applauded when it started up, it was hilarious) and we didn’t have a cake, so I’m no help there. 🙂

Post # 7
13102 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2010

Our DJ recommended a song that’s actually called “Cut the Cake” for our cake cutting.  I think it is by Average White Band – FI and I still have to listen to it and decide what we think.

We’re doing Single Ladies for the bouquet toss.  Overused I’m sure but too perfect for me to not do it myself.

FI hasn’t decided for sure what he’s doing for the garter toss but we were thinking some sort of old school 90’s rap song.

Post # 8
32 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2010

Cake cutting~ we used Plain White Tees “1,2,3,4” Not really dessert related but I love the song and it fit perfectly for us!

Bouquet toss~ American Woman- Lenny Kravitz

Garter~ Dirrty by Christina Aguilera

I was surprised at how difficult it was to make some song choices, but good luck!! =)

The topic ‘Garter Removal/Toss & Cake Cutting Songs’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors