(Closed) General Rant about wedding timeline & planning & the WIC

posted 7 years ago in Emotional
Post # 3
1137 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

I feel you. We started looking in October/November of 2010, for our Fall 2011 wedding – a bunch of the places we liked were already booked for 2011 (as well as into 2012). We wanted an October wedding, and ended up settling on a place I like, but it’s not my #1 pick, on a day in September.

I also wanted Saturday, but agreed to do a Sunday because I’m doing Labor Day weekend (my family all lives 3+ hours away). Wasn’t my choice, and all the vendors I like either are – way too much – booked – don’t do sundays. I’ve had to settle as well. Even the choice places I liked were booked Friday and Sundays, which was really depressing.

Just keep your head up and keep going – we didn’t book our venue until February, and do much planning until after then. The only thing I got that was first choice was my officiant. I found her on weddingwire, had a 30min convo with her on the phone, and just booked her right there in fear I’d lose her (and others have acquired about the date since).

Post # 4
4583 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

We booked our venue at exactly one year out (the month after we got engaged) and we still had to go with a Sunday to get a date at the beginning of October. Both Saturdays (1st and 8th) were already booked so we would be looking at September or later October, which we weren’t as excited about. We ended up booking the Sunday of Columbus Day weekend, which is a long weekend for some people so hopefully it isn’t too much of an inconvenience. We haven’t heard any negative feedback. But I’ve had to constantly nudge my FI to book other vendors as quickly as possible because he doesn’t realize how early they book up, especially for the time of year we chose.

Post # 6
4606 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

I didn’t realize how big of a deal it was to go ahead and book certain things until I talked to my FMIL. I’ve been in the mindset of “Oh, it’s 17 months away, I have plenty of time to do these things!”, but when I told FMIL our wedding date, she was very adamant about getting the ball rolling.

I’m sure I won’t have that much trouble since I’m from a small town and will more than likely be getting married there, but time is going by a little faster than I imagined and I’m starting to feel the pressure.

I’m getting married on a Friday, which also might lead to some scheduling problems.

Post # 7
52 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

We got engaged in mid December and ran into the same thing. I’d already had my heart set on a summer wedding and it was tough.  We were so lucky to get the only Saturday left in June.  Finding other vendors (and the dress!) has been more challenging.  I agree that the WIC is such a scam.

The topic ‘General Rant about wedding timeline & planning & the WIC’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors