- Ms. Sloth
- 7 years ago
- Wedding: May 2011 - Bartram's Garden
I can’t really get into the WW forums on their site, but I’m having a good time talking about it here. So here are some random WW thoughts that I have today.
1. This past weekend was a month since I started Weight Watchers. As of today, I’ve lost a whopping 13 pounds! That is SUPER fast for one month and I don’t expect to continue at this speed. The thing is, though, I don’t look any different! I’d think that 13 lbs. would make some difference, right? I’d think that my scale was wrong except that two pairs of my jeans that had become uncomfortably snug are now comfy again. So, I guess it is working but I thought there’d be a bit more visual evidence after 13 lbs!
2. Every day, I eat a salad with 0-point dressing along with my lunch. It’s a good way to bulk up on veggies without using up points. The thing is, I got SO sick of the 0-point dressing I was using (fat-free Italian). It tasted pretty gross. So I looked up recipes for 0-point dressing and found this one:
It’s SO good. It uses tomato juice instead of oil so it’s thick and coats the veggies without fat. And it tastes more like a balsamic vinaigrette than anything. LOVE.
3. It is so much easier to do this now that Mr. S is on board too. He cooks every night, and we’ve been having a lot of fun finding new recipes to make. We were getting so sick of all of our old standards so it’s been really cool eating new stuff every week.
4. Weekends are rough. I’ve got the weekdays down pat because I’m on a routine, but I always struggle with what to eat on the weekends. On Saturday, I was running errands all day. By 3:30 PM, I realized that I hadn’t eaten since about 10, and I was STARVING. Normally, if I was hungry while out and about, I’d stop and get fast food, so I was really stuck over what I could grab on the go. Finally, I stopped at Wawa (a chain of convenience stores w/ deli counters here in Philly) and got a turkey sandwich on wheat with honey mustard, lettuce, tomato and onion. Not what I was craving, but it was okay. I guess I need to learn to pack some portable snacks when I’m running around all day.
I guess that’s it. Does anyone else have any other WW gabbery to share?