Post # 1
i think we should all take a moment to vent about our ttc stresses. i know i need to.
1. i am sick of ttc raining on our newlywed parade.
2. i am sick of being poked and prodded at the dr.
3. i am sick of people telling me to relax and not think about it, when every day i am having to pee on a stick, or schedule time off of work, or go to the doctor.
4. i am sick of people’s insensitive comments. for example, my best friend gets pregnant at the drop of a hat and already has one beautiful and healthy baby, but just suffered a miscarriage. while i have been a good, supportive friend to her even though it’s been difficult, the other day she cried to me and said, “i just get so sad when i see a mom with two babies.” i know she’s hurting, but wish she would choose her words more carefully. geez!
5. i’m sick of people telling me to take a break, when time is ticking and the last time i stopped meds i bled for weeks at a time. taking a break for me would mean going back on bc which after six failed rounds of clomid and one iui, seems like a million giant steps backwards.
6. i’m sick of spoiling everyone elses kids. i want my own to spoil.
ah.. that’s better.
Post # 3
I am sick of:
1. the jealous person i suddenly have become. pregnancy announcements hurt and it didn’t used to be that way. I REALLY dont’ like that part of me. I don’t want to be jealous of the beautiful pregnant bellies at my gym. I want to be happy for them. Which I am. Just tinged with envy. Sigh.
2. taking all of these supplements and thinking “what’s the point I’ll never see that second pink line anyway”
3. thinking about it all the time. I wish I could just “relax” like everyone seems to want to tell me to do.
I’m sure there’s more, but I am trying to think positive this two week wait. These things lurk in the back of my mind and I try to swat at them as they surface 🙂
Post # 4
P.S. I am sad for your friend who suffered a miscarriage too. I am glad you have been there for her. I understand her feeling sad when she sees a mom with two babies, because I am sure she is mourning the fact that right now, she is NOT that mom with what should have been two babies. 🙁
Post # 5
@lilybugg78: +1 to hating to be the jealous person. I mean, I really AM happy for my friends I swear. But I’ve had to take a Facebook break because I just can’t take another pregnancy announcement.
Post # 6
@iRun2004: holy FACEBOOK announcements. I have hidden all fertile women from my newsfeed because my mind will BREAK if I see an announcement. Literally have sent them to my “acquaintance” list so that I’m mentally prepared if I want updates from them.
Post # 7
@lilybugg78: ok that’s hilarious. And I’m glad to know I’m not the only one who’s got this problem. Darn you fertile facebook friends!!! *shakes fist*
Post # 8
Everything @lilybugg78: said.
I am also boycotting Facebook, since every other post in my newsfeed is about pregnancies, babies, and children.
Post # 9
The “just relax, it will happen” advice got so old, so quickly. Or when people just flat out ask you when you’re having kids and what’s taking you so long. Your guess is as good as mine buddy. I wanted to scream at those people that it’s not that easy for everyone!
Hang in there ladies. And definitely hide FB friends for your own sanity!!
Post # 10
ALL of this…..
-I’m sick of dreaming Im pregnan and waking up disappointed
-I’m sick of all of these people i know having more kids and they cant even take care of the ones they have.
-I’m sick of DS asking when he will be a big brother
Post # 11
TwoPeas is right. Hang in there, ladies! There are a LOT of ladies who have graduated from the 6+ Months TTC thread so don’t get too discouraged yet. (I know, easier said than done!)
I went through a really hard time of incredible jealousy of other pg women from Cycles 6-10 and the Facebook announcements are super tough to deal with. I admit to crying when a girl I know announced her pregancy recently – she had a baby in August 2012 AND is due in October when we have been trying since June 2012 with no luck yet. Avoiding triggers (like Facebook or baby showers) is definitely a helpful way to keep your sanity!
One of the Bees gave me some good advice (these aren’t her exact words but this was the gist of it): “Don’t compare your journey to any else. There aren’t a limited number of babies in the world and yours is just taking a longer time to get to you.”
Here is a really uplifting TTC thread to check out: http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/ttc-inspiration-graphic-pick-me-upthread I go back to it many days when I’m feeling a bit down.
Post # 12
@MrsFarmer: Thank you so much for your encouraging words!! :o) I hope to graduate from the 6month+ club soon!!
Post # 13
@lilybugg78: I want to graduate soon too! I’m glad I could help a bit. It’s amazing to have so many awesome Bees to share this TTC journey with!
Post # 14
ah this seems a good place to have a mini vent!i am sick off:
- Waiting on the doctors results all the time and if the results arent right,our TTC journey with the docs is over.
- People telling us to relax. I swear I hear this so often its unreal. “just relax it will happen” or “we tried for 6 months and thought we couldnt have a baby, but as soon as we stopped trying,we got pregnant!” Yeah well lady,all due respect weve been trying for over 2 years now,bit of a difference between 6 months and 2 1/2 years.
- Definately feeling the jealousy of pregnant ladies. I seem to be surrounded by dozens of friends or family who are all pregnant or have just had babies. Its lovely to be able to hold and spend time with, but I hate feeling a little twinge of it wanting to be me so much. Seeing how good Darling Husband is with a newborn just makes that ache a little bit harder.
Sorry for such harshness, although weve missed out on april as a TTc month with lots going on, TTC has been getting rough.
Post # 15
- Wedding: June 2011 - Sydney, Australia
I’m just so mentally drained. I understand that we have to be patient, that maybe it’s not our time yet – but it’s so hard to understand WHY.
Having things out of my control is so hard. And watching my husband try to stay positive and upbeat when I know he’s sad too… it just breaks my heart.