- 7 years ago
- Wedding: November 2012
Make no mistake about it, I hate this waiting malarky. I’ve been ready to be his wife since like 2 years yesterday and while I’ve had brief periods of “waiting calm” for the most part I’ve become a secretly crazed woman (wedding) possessed.
I KNOW my desire to be with him is nothing to do with the ring, the dress or the day – the are the icing on the cake. I love him, with every inch of my heart and if its possible I love him more than I did when we first met. Lately I feel like I’ve fallen in love with him in new ways.
No its not always easy and as a couple we’ve faced situations that have tested our relationship. However I can see the finishing line approaching. It’s not about hope or assumption. I can see it, in the way he’s super keen to watch wedding shows and the way he’s started “trying on my ring” that is on my right hand for apparently no reason at all. I know he’s sizing me out slyly, but as a long term waiting bee nothing gets passed me. Plus there is the grand fact that he’s verbal about knowing our time line. I put it as 27 June- our third year anniversary. Just over 3 months. 12 weeks. eeeek.
Time seem to have sloooowed down to a snail pace and I’ve decided I’ll not only drive myself crazy waiting over the new few months, I run the risk of ruining the joy and suprise of the day. Whenever that may be.
So I’ve made a decision to list what I want to get in order before he gets down on one knee. More than anything its to help me procrasinate but it’ll serve me well when Wedding fever hits.
* To lose weight. Not a lot, half a stone. It’ll make me look good/feel good
* To buy a new digital camera. I haven’t had one for about a year. I’ve just never got round to getting another one. I will want one for the year coming up!
* To get finances in shape. They aren’t dire but I don’t want to start planning a wedding stressed about £££
* I’ve made a habit of looking after my nails. I’ve never really cared that much but now it has become a part of my grooming routine and I like it.
* To spend lots of time with my friends. Once this all starts, my social life is likely to be restricted because of wedding fundage.
* To enjoy him. My SO. The love of my life. To enjoy being with him before every conversation starts “so this wedding…!”
So waiting bees, what do you want to get in order??