(Closed) Gift for my groom – when do I give it to him & who gives it?

posted 9 years ago in Grooms/men
Post # 3
6010 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: May 2009

Hmmm, is your Fi planning on doing pictures beforehand?  Like with his gms and best man?  If so, i think it would be cool to have your photographer take all the group pictures together and then have all the guys leave the room so some individual pics can be taken of the groom.  At that point, your MOH or one of the bridesmaids could bring the present to him and the photographer would be able to take pics of his reaction alone without anyone else in the room. 

For the record, we had planned on having a private moment directly after the ceremony to just take in what had happened and exchange gifts.  It didn’t end up happening, and we had to eventually exchange gifts in front of almost everyone at the reception.  It was still nice, but not exactly what I had imagined/hoped would happen.  Definitely do it before the ceremony so that you can actually have it be private and meaningful instead of doing it in front of everyone.

Post # 4
4 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: August 2009

why don’t you have his closest family member/friend leave tucked into his pillow the night before the wedding… so he finds it alone just before going to bed?

or perhaps do it after he’s asleep so he can wake up to find it there?

The topic ‘Gift for my groom – when do I give it to him & who gives it?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors