(Closed) Glycolic peel & Microdermabrasion

posted 9 years ago in Beauty
Post # 3
321 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2009

I had my microderm yesterday and my face looks great. A nice glow in fact. This was true of my treatment a few weeks ago as well. This time I did it at a med spa, last time at a spa.

This time I had medical grad crystal microdermabrasion. She didn’t recommend the glycolic just yet. In fact, she says only for every 3rd treatment. And that I would be very very red after that process, but in a weeks time it would look great. So, maybe in a week the redness will go away.

Also, last time I had diamond microderm, and it was awesome. I am going to try it again because I can’t fully decide between the two. However, at the downtown spa,I got a lot of extrs with the diamond microderm, that is to say it was a full facial with extractions. But I still left looking mostly like I was freshly scrubbed and polished.

I am very happy with my treatments.

I’d say give it a week and maybe look into other treatment places in your area. See what people have to say. Maybe see a dermatologist. 

Also, I am going to start the Obagi program. I hear it is amazing. We not only want great skin on the special day, we want it everyday.

Good luck. Let us know what happens. I am hoping you got a really great treatment and that in a few days it will look amazing.

Did they send you home with an of the special after treatment cream?

Post # 4
2365 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

Omg. What exactly was it? I’ve had different peels done, once I did one and it must have been too strong for me (plus I just started accutane, but thought it would be ok – which it wasn’t!) and anyway, I was raw!!

My bf (now fiance) thought I would have to go to the ER! It was fine a few days later … haha

Post # 6
5823 posts
Bee Keeper

You shouldn’t do microderm & glycolic peeling in the same session…hmm. 

The type of glycolic peel you received is VERY strong and take 3 layers of skin off your face.  So expect to peel in the next couple of days (thus the name).  And yes, you’ll want to be in isolation.  Have you seen SATC where Samantha gets the peel and scares everyone?  Like that.  But you’ll look fantastic in a week when all your new skin comes in.  I don’t know about a series unless you have some scarring/darkening you want to get rid of.  Good luck!!

Post # 7
2365 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

omg both at the same session  and 35 is high for your first time. How sad.

Post # 8
321 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2009

I hope you are feeling and looking better.

Hopefully when the peeling starts your skin will look amazing. 

Let us know how it turns out.

I have another treatment next week but not until the 4th treatment as I am going to do the glycolic peel. I also think about swtiching between between the medical grade crystals at the derm office and the diamond at the spa. For someone reason it seems like the suction from the Diamond Tome was greater than that at the Dr. office, however, the crystals seems to scrub better. 

There are some places that combine the two treatments. 

If only the answer were so easy.

Good luck.

Post # 10
14 posts
Newbee

It’s ture (I work in a spa, I’m an LMT) you should always put at least a week between these two treatments.  And they should ‘test’ your skin before you have a full treatment done.

🙂 good luck

Post # 11
7 posts
Newbee

Glygolic Peel and Microdermabrasion both are for resurfacing skin. They both are different in their treatment. In microdermabrasion treatment is done only at upper layer while in glygolic peel treatment is done at deeper layer. In microdermabrasion we get instant effects while in peel we have to wait for few day to recover. In there are many types like high, medium,low while in microdermabrasion there no type.

For more details visit : http://www.microdermabrasionguide.com/

The topic ‘Glycolic peel & Microdermabrasion’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors