- 5 years ago
- Wedding: December 2012
Bess…First let me apoligize for ALL of the posts lately…I know it is probably tettering on annoying lol…but I just can’t decide and value your guys opinions…
Here’s the case…for those who are new to my situation lol…
I was all set to get a ring with a round 1.5 ct Amora….I was just waiting until October, because on their site that is when they said they would restock.
Mind you, we have been engaged for a bit, but really havent told anyone, as I am waiting for the ring.
We are getting married in December…December 20th to be exact. lol
I have to get the ring ASAP…so I can announce the engagement…send out the invites, and allow time for the RSVPs….
For starters, I want my ring to look like a diamond, minus the diamond price and conflict (no offense to those who have diamonds, this is just my personal preference)
I was set on the Amora. Even though I was worried, about (I respect moissanite for its own uniqueness and beauty):
- Forever stone
- Possibly warmth (I am color sensitive)
- Lack of depth, compared to a diamond.
- Different cut then diamonds
- Extra fire, which although it is beautiful I am sure, that is not simiar to a diamond.
- Cheaper than a diamond
Then I went to check Moissanite Co…and now they have a new status that basically says they are out of the popular sizes and do not have any idea when they will have them restocked….
Time for plan B, and I do not have enough time to order loose stones really…
I never really looked at Ashas, but in the current situation I had to come up with a plan B.
- I love the whiteness of ashas…as long as it is a believeable white.
- I had thought they appeared to have much more similar depth characteristics to a diamond as well.
- Scared about the durabillity, many state it is a forever stone, but really have not read of anyone that had to replace it. And CZ is supposed to be as durable as saphire, and my mom has saphire that she never cleans and has worn for years and years, and they look great…so that is whay I am confused about the durability….
- I love antique and hearts and arrow, and would contemplate getting either of those cuts
- The asha version of a ring I like is $820 + tax & ship….The amora moissanite version is $1595 + tax & ship
- Used to be a coating, but sources say now it is not…
- I like that it could be a “forever” stone
- I was scared with the warmth of the Amora, and Forever Brilliant is not brightened as much as they amora… so I would be extra nervous
- Similar pros/cons to Amora…except doubled being it is not quite as bright/white as amora
- Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful
- Costs a lot for a decent size stone (which matters to me)
- The conflict behind it does not thrill me
Ok bees….there it is….my complete confusion…how I am weighing things… What things am I correct in? what am I wrong in? I also would consider getting an Amora Gem when it comes out…and if that was the case should my temporary stone be cheaper like an asha or forever brilliant?
I just want to say thanks in advance for all those who are heling me it really really means a lot 🙂