(Closed) Got $19,000 for a piece history? Napolean's and Josephine's e-ring.

posted 5 years ago in Rings
Post # 3
8042 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2013

@Ms_Midori:  Only 19K?! Hmmm. I would be too scared to wear it since really it’s priceless, but it is nice!

Post # 4
6256 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: March 2014

I would definitely want some sort of proof before I signed the check. The ring isn’t very obviously vintage (though the box is) and it’s also not as … dramatic? as I thought it would be. But yeah, that is super cheap.

Post # 6
1459 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2017 - Bristol zoo

Hnnng, want. If only I had 19k living around… 

Post # 7
2269 posts
Buzzing bee

Our anniversary is coming up…perhaps I should email him the link for this…

Post # 8
1077 posts
Bumble bee

Wow, if it doesn’t go for way more then that I would be really surprised. It’s a gorgeous ring!

Post # 9
5494 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 2011

that’s crazy cheap for a ring with such historical significance. I’m really surprised.  I think it’s lovely but I would have expected something a little more grandiose.

Post # 10
2143 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

Ahh gorgeous. I love everything about this. If only I had a spare 19,000 lying around 😉 

Post # 11
2840 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

Authentic or not, I think the ring is really unique looking and quite pretty.

Post # 12
2497 posts
Buzzing bee

@Ms_Midori:  Wow, that’s a beautiful ring. I’d wear it regardless of whether it was actually authentic.

Post # 13
6360 posts
Bee Keeper

Pretty! But I can see some clarity issues even from these pics. The bulk of the cost is definitely the historic significance. It says that apparently he was quite broke at the time of giving her that. Yet it is one of a kind! I do hope she never got an “upgrade,” and this is THE ring that symbolizes their love. I’m pretty sure upgrades weren’t heard of back then though. He’d lavish her with other jewelry instead (if he could, of course), but always keep the original ring, full of meaning as it was. I like that concept best.  

Post # 15
4275 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

I am a little skeptical….

The topic ‘Got $19,000 for a piece history? Napolean's and Josephine's e-ring.’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors