- 6 years ago
- Wedding: April 2012
I have two dresses that needed altered. One I knew would mostly just need hemmed, the other one needed a lot more work. I have been in a panic for months that it was too small–just a total ball of stress.
Well I went to put on my dresses, and the one for the ceremony needed hemmed but also needs nipped in a bit at the waist. As for the reception dress, it wasn’t too small!! It was too big!!! I was so relieved.
So here is what I had done:
Alfred Angelo 2146 (Ceremony):
- Needed hemmed ( there were like 4 layers under there of heavy material!)
- Needed nipped in at the waist.
- Added a bustle.
Maggie Sottero Isadora Ann (Reception):
- Alter the bustline to be a little more modest and less sweetheart.
- Take it in at the sides of the torso, like under the arms.
- Shorten the torso at the top and bottom by like an inch.
The total for both was $290 and will take two weeks. The Isadora Ann was $130 and the AA was $160. I thought the price was okay for the alterations since basically the whole dress was pinned…and boy getting out of it was nervewracking! I was sweating and the dressses were sticking to me. I’m going to keep swimming every week until the wedding so that I look a little more toned.