- 9 years ago
- Wedding: September 2010
Hi everyone! I’m an LA bride but I figure the OC brides would be helpful for this topic. Some background- we’re looking for a Chinese caterer that charges around $500 a table (before tax and tip). From what I’ve read about Furiwa, it’s pretty pricey ($900 a table after tax and tip). I don’t mind not having the BEST food since it’s not in-house, but I would like a place that is pretty decent for what it is.
Anyways, I would love to hear your opinion on this particular caterer. It confuses the heck out of me b/c the owner, Andrew, has 3 company names and respective websites for each, yet they are all the same company. I’ve read some reviews on chowhound and yelp, but would like some more honest opinions. Wer’e going to a tasting at the end of the month, so I wanted to know:
1. Was the food served at the venue the same quality as served at the tasting?
2. Was the food served piping hot?
3. How was the table service?
4. How open are they to negotiating when it comes to making food substitutions?
5. Are they bargainable?
6. Anything else we should know?
I would appreciate any information- thanks in advance!