Great Gatsby/ art deco/1920s theme HELP!

posted 2 years ago in Themes
Post # 2
1888 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

Mfrouhar:  Look on etsy at LamaWorks for invites.  We’re using her and they are amazing (our final proofs are below).  In order to help save money they offer a DIY version where the do the design and you do the printing and assembly yourself.  I cannot recommend them enough!

Post # 5
1662 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2014 - Waldorf Astoria, Chicago

Mfrouhar:  here’s some of the inspiration I’m using for my Gatsby theme wedding. My colors are blush pink, gray/silver and ivory. 

Post # 9
1924 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

Ours was more of an ‘old new york’ wedding, but we had elements of 1920s, prohibition, etc. Here are some pics!

Post # 10
136 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

Mfrouhar:  U should definately check out pinterest & create a board to organize your ideas. There is soooo many good ideas & decor that fit your theme.

Post # 13
47 posts
  • Wedding: July 2014

Hi fellow 1920s lovers!  

This is board is awesome, because I too, and having a 1920s themed wedding and my colors are mauve/blush pink, silver/gray, and ivory! 

I found my invites in Etsy and they are amazing. We are getting compliment after compliment. The shop name is RunkPock Designs, and the owners name is Rozena. She does print invites and digital. Her prices are absurdly cheap.  She is exceptionally communitative and her work is spectacular. 

I am doing a mix of ostrich feather centerpieces and flowers for the centerpieces. For four of the tables, we are just going to use the bouquets as the centerpieces – saving us a lot of money. 

For other table decor, I am doing mercury glass votives and tea lights. Right now, Pier One is an amazing sale on theirs, so I just bought a ton of it. It came out to about $1 per piece.  

I also had a card box made on Etsy that mimicked our invites, so it looks vintage also.  

My dress is the Jenny Packham Luna…it broke the bank, but it was totally worth it!  My fiancé will be wearing tails, and we have even asked the guests to dress vintage-inspired. Everyone is totally into it!  

Every time I post pics, they turn out huge, but let me know if you want to see anything and I’ll try to make them not ridiculously big. 

Congrats to you on your weddings; they are going to be awesome!

Post # 14
47 posts
Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors