- 3 years ago
- Wedding: May 2014
Ugh, I just need to vent. A little background, back in November FH asked his cousin to be a groomsman along with his daughter as junior bridesmaid. He agreed but said that he needed to make sure he could get the time off work (he lives out of state and works 4-10 hour days Fri-Mon). He explained that vacation requested for this year wouldn’t be allowed until after the first of the year so he couldn’t get a confirmation for us until January…no problem, we understood. Fast forward, I’ve been in touch with his wife over the course of the past couple of months and she confirmed that they were coming, he had no problem getting the time off, we had discussed her daugter’s sizing for the junior BM dress, etc. Also, FH’s cousin had made comments about wedding plans on Facebook which led us to believe everything was on target and we were a-ok. I mentioned to FH earlier this week that each time I’ve talked to them (all contact has been through email or facebook messaging since they *never* answer their phone) I get answers to all questions (what size is daughter, etc) but when I bring up the timing and when they think they will be coming into town (we had invited them to stay with us) the conversation dies and I never get a response. This has happened on more than a few occasions. So he decided to get in touch with his cousin directly. He messaged him and said that we just wanted to confirm that everything was still on target and to see what their timeframe was….cousins response was that he hasn’t gotten approval for the vacation time yet (WHAT!?!?!) and furthermore, due to the recent bad weather, their school district has extended the school year for a full week so his wife (who works for the school) and their daughter won’t be out until the early part of June….and may not be able to make the trip at all. I completely understand the job situations but could they have at least informed us? I’m sure they were aware of the weather situation before today… We were both dumbfounded…we were lef to believe that all was well. I’ve started buying attendant gifts, making plans for the fabric, etc for their attire since it’s being custom made. Now we’re in a holding pattern as he said he won’t know anything until next week. We can’t replace them at this point…and I wouldn’t really want to. I’m just so frustrated since we were planning based on his wife’s comments that everything was all set. FH said that he’s going to wait to see if he has a response by next week, if not he’s going to give him the option of backing out if they’d prefer. It’s just so ridiculous…
Add to that the fact that our officiant (another one of FH’s cousins) isn’t returning our phone calls or emails about whether or not she’s authorized to perform weddings in our state. Our state requires certain approval if your officiant is from out of state and we need to make sure she has this approval.
Both cousins are siblings…maybe it’s genetic?? Haha