(Closed) Hair & Make-up for BMs

posted 7 years ago in Bridesmaids
Post # 3
9057 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2010

I offered to make arrangements for my salon to do their hair as well if they chose, but did not require it.  One decided to do it herself, and the other three paid to have it done.

I was MOH in a wedding last year, and it was the same arrangement.

Post # 4
747 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

imo, if you have the $, then i’m sure they’d appreciate it. if $ is tight, and you don’t mind them doing their own hair & make up as they choose, then letting them decide if they want to use your hair/makeup ppl at their own expense is totally fine! 

Post # 5
2054 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

I am paying for their hair and make up…but it is certainly not required!

Post # 7
510 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Yeah, I’m paying for mine as part of their gift.

Post # 8
134 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2010

I didn’t require my girls to get their hair or make-up done, so only my MOH got her hair done with me at the salon. We all did our own make-up. Everyone looked beautiful, too, so it worked out well for us. 🙂

Post # 9
514 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2011

You are only expected to pay if you are requiring it.

Post # 10
1498 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

Since you aren’t requiring it to be done, I would say that you in no way are obligated to pay for the services.  I am not paying for my girls’ hair and the only wedding where the bride paid for the hair and makeup was when my sister got married and because my mother is crazy and paid for everybody without us knowing.  She is on strict orders not to pay for my BMs hair. I’m not getting my makeup done, so I’m not scheduling appointments to have anybody else’s done either.

Post # 11
431 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2009

I wasn’t planning on it, but 3 of my 4 BMs were blood relatives, so I paid for everything.  You absolutely aren’t expected to, but you could offer it as their gift.

The topic ‘Hair & Make-up for BMs’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors