(Closed) Hair & Make-up

posted 9 years ago in Beauty
Post # 3
69 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

If you are good at doing your own makeup, why bother having someone else do it for you? As for hair, I’m having my normal stylist (who honestly knows my hair the best) do my wedding hair. We haven’t talked about $$ yet, but I’m planning on doing that at my next appt. About the makeup, I found a great link about lasting power..

Post # 4
369 posts
Helper bee

Depends on the style you want to get done. If it’s a fancy shmancy updo, I’d probably pay around $100. Well I guess I’d be willing to pay that much for keeping my hair down and styled since it is after all, my wedding day. I’m looking for a makeup and hair package just to make it easier. And you shouldn’t have someone do your makeup if you can do it yourself.

Post # 5
183 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2009

I paid $45 for my hair and $100 for makeup. (Both people came out to me) I do my own makeup everyday without fail and I feel pretty confident about my skills. However, I wanted a little bit of time to relax before the ceremony and knew the only way that would happen is if I had people do my hair and makeup for me.

I booked a makeup trial and was AMAZED! At first it seemed like a bit much (I’d never worn fake lashes before and wouldn’t on a normal day), but it looked awesome. She spent a good 20 minutes just doing my eye makeup. I would do it again in a heartbeat even though $100 is a lot of money. In our wedding photos my eyes look so big and bright. Also, the makeup lasted all night and didn’t get oily.

I will say that I spent quite a bit of time looking for different MUA’s in my area and it took a long time before I found anyone that seemed to do good enough work for me to consider setting up a trial. If you decide to do your own makeup I’d definately recommend going bolder than normal and taking photos to see how it looks. What seems like a lot when looking in the mirror may look like you’re not even wearing anything in pictures. Good luck!

Post # 6
193 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2009

I am paying $100 for makeup and $100 for hair. For me every penny is worth it to make me look my very best.

Post # 7
375 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

I got a GREAT deal this weekend $65 for bride with practice and $30 for bridal party updos! I have heard some brides doing more than one practice session if it doesn’t go as planned so leave yourself time, I hadn’t thought of this!

Post # 8
18645 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2009

I had a makeup artist.  I am horrible at makeup and barely know how to put on my own blush so I really needed the help.  Makeup artist was $100.  My hair was $65 I think.

The topic ‘Hair & Make-up’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors