(Closed) Hair & MakeUp Los Angeles area

posted 10 years ago in Los Angeles
Post # 3
12 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2008

It really isnt much cheaper but my hair and makeup artist’s portfolio is stunning, I havent had my  trial yet but based off of her portfolio, I am very impressed.  She is located in LA.  http://www.rainaantle.com.  She is $150 for Hair and $150 for makeup.  I think that if you love the person you have already found, $400 is steep but not totally unreasonable.

Post # 4
261 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2008

Here is a list of makeup artists in LA that a lot of asian brides go to. 

http://www.ggwedding.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14176

If you are only using the person for an engagement session, you should probably ask the makeup artist for a "trial" session and maybe they will charge you less.  $400 sounds totally crazy to me for doing makeup/hair.  I think most of these MUAs charge under $200 for both makeup and hair. 

I know my makeup artist is only charging me $110 for both makeup/hair for my bridesmaids on the day of so $400 is a bit too much.  Some makeup trials even come w/2 looks meaning you can have her change your hair and makeup and do a second look right there if you don’t like the first one or just want to see how something looks. 

Let me know if you can’t find someone and get desperate.  My FSIL is the makeup artist I’m using so I can just call her up and see if she’s available this weekend.  She’s chinese and mostly does asian brides so I think she knows what’s she’s doing.  She’s also really good at putting on fake lashes and even used a blade to touch up my eyebrows when I had my trial. 

Post # 5
161 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: December 1969

I second the trial, most people will do trials for fractions of the actual cost.  If you don’t find anyone, i recommend just going to the sheseido counter or other cosmetic counters at macy’s.  They did a great job with my makeup for the engagement pictures (bring a picture you like or prepare to let them know how you want them..the more descriptive you are the better they do the job).  You can’t beat the price, free with purchase of at least one item!. 

The topic ‘Hair & MakeUp Los Angeles area’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors