(Closed) Hair & Makeup questions for me and my BMs

posted 8 years ago in Gifts and Registries
Post # 3
1075 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

Wow, those are a lot of questions in one post.

I will be paying for the hair for my BMs as their gift to me with and additional gift.  As far as makeup, i’ll leave that to them as long as they all look cohesive together.

Thye airbrushing, they had a post on that a few days ago I think.  From what I read, it can be worth it, but you def want to have a trial on it since some artists wont use enough, or some use too much.  Depends on what kind of look you’re going for.

Post # 4
414 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2011

i think it’s a nice gesture to pay for the BM’s makeup artist– asking them to pay for something doesn’t seem right because it’s the bride who wants their bridesmaid to look nice, so they shouldnt have to pay for that.  i plan to pay for my BMs’ make up and hair, so i think my total will exceed well over $1000.  i think it’s wasteful to do hair/makeup for that price, but i guess if you put the word “WEDDING”, the stylists charge you triple the normal price

Post # 6
195 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

Take a deep breath! Don’t worry!

I think if you’re requiring them to get hair and makeup done, its nice to pay for it. Those are definiately luxuries and should be disclosed up front if you are requiring them to each shell out to dough and not giving them the option to do it themselves.

My girls all planned on getting their hair done but I am including their airbush makeup ($65) as part of their gift since its a luxury for all of us. – Times are tough!(They are also getting personalized charm necklaces, makeup bag, lotion and body wash, flip flops and a candle)

Yes, event makeup tends to cost more – I know my make up girl said the difference is the time, and lashes! Suddendly when I said no lashes, and not as much make up for the girls as for me, the price and time went down. My full “bride” makeup will take almost 45 min. vs 25-30 min. for the girls. Time is money 🙂

Find out how much hair styling will be and email the girls, “Hey, hair is $55 each. let me know if you are going to want to get it done and i’ll book your appts for you. Makeup is my treat, so don’t worry about that!” or something like that, depending on what you end up wanting to do.

Not sure if that helps, but that’s what we’re doing.

Post # 8
3762 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

Those are a lot of questions, one thing I noticed though was that I think you were describing that your one hairdresser from out of state would be doing EVERYONE’s hair!  That is way too much for one person to do in a day.  You guys will be sitting around forever waiting for hair to be done.  I would suggest getting the friend to help out.  When I talked with my stylist she said she really only felt comfortable doing just the brides hair and recommended someone else at the salon to help with the MOB etc.  I think in the end we will have 4 stylists working on our hair from 9 am – 11 am.  Two stylists will do the six bridesmaids, 1 stylist will do the MOB and MOG, and the fourth stylist will be doing my hair.

The topic ‘Hair & Makeup questions for me and my BMs’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors